Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Are you saying the only reason Hyundai and Toyota are in it is to advance their technology (ie with a view of it filtering down into road cars)?
    Did anyone write that it is the ONLY reason? Stop intentionally misinterpret whats said to you. All. Manus have been producing better cars when they have joined rallying. Period. Their brand identity has been improved drastically.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Did anyone write that it is the ONLY reason? Stop intentionally misinterpret whats said to you. All. Manus have been producing better cars when they have joined rallying. Period. Their brand identity has been improved drastically.

Hang on pal - that's the only answer you gave, hence me looking for clarification!! if that's not all you can come up with , then what else? You said they were in it to advance their technology, but nothing else.

Hang on pal - that's the only answer you gave, hence me looking for clarification!! if that's not all you can come up with , then what else? You said they were in it to advance their technology, but nothing else.
    And you are nitpicking now. Not really hard to understand what simple answer means. But you can go ahead act as a bonehead if you want. If that's your level then be my guest, pal

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I drive a Ford because I like that they are in rally and have been for decades. Presence in rally works for fans and the general profile of the brand.

And I know its not a road car on the stages T16, you gobshite.
    Less the insults Eddie.
    Ford aren't in rallying as a brand, so how does it help the brand profile? What marketing do Ford do to that relates to rallying? And I'm not talking about M-Sport, I mean Ford as a brand.

And you are nitpicking now. Not really hard to understand what simple answer means. But you can go ahead act as a bonehead if you want. If that's your level then be my guest, pal

Yet you still haven't answered the question. Other than advancing their technology, how are the manufacturers converting the exposure the programmes bring into sales?

Yet you still haven't answered the question. Other than advancing their technology, how are the manufacturers converting the exposure the programmes bring into sales?
    Yes I did. Brand awareness is the word you should look for. This includes everything said here before (by Mirek) plus tech, r&d etc. If you think this is not enough please enlighten us. So far you have contributed really not much yourself other than little bullying

Yes I did. Brand awareness is the word you should look for. This includes everything said here before (by Mirek) plus tech, r&d etc. If you think this is not enough please enlighten us. So far you have contributed really not much yourself other than little bullying

OK - I will simplify it. How do the manufacturer's convert a rallying programme to generate brand awareness? (they must do something and I am asking what).

Sorry, but I do try and chip in and I'm genuinely trying to generate good debate. Can you please tell me where I have bullied someone, especially when it's you who called me a bonehead.

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Skoda uses Fabia R5 in adds in CZ.
    A good example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWrNVGsIr-g
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

9. Likes: pantealex (22nd October 2020),Rallyper (22nd October 2020),RS (23rd October 2020),Sulland (22nd October 2020),T16 (22nd October 2020)
    OK - I will simplify it. How do the manufacturer's convert a rallying programme to generate brand awareness? (they must do something and I am asking what).

Sorry, but I do try and chip in and I'm genuinely trying to generate good debate. Can you please tell me where I have bullied someone, especially when it's you who called me a bonehead.
    Dear T16, please read again my "bonehead" statement (act as bonehead). It's something not you are but sometimes people act like it. Again please read carefully my posts again as I do feel you did not want to really dig into it and understand what I meant to say.

That's where you were bullying when you tried to twist my every word and the context of my posts.

Fine, If your intent is to have a good discussion then so be it, just try to dig a little bit deeper to what has been said here and you get the answers, a lot of it written here by other members.

Dear T16, please read again my "bonehead" statement (act as bonehead). It's something not you are but sometimes people act like it. Again please read carefully my posts again as I do feel you did not want to really dig into it and understand what I meant to say.

That's where you were bullying when you tried to twist my every word and the context of my posts.

Fine, If your intent is to have a good discussion then so be it, just try to dig a little bit deeper to what has been said here and you get the answers, a lot of it written here by other members.

"but you can go and act as a bonehead if you want" Don't try and backtrack. Pretty clear you were trying an insult. I'm fine with such a light reference, but don't accuse me of bullying. I'm not.

So Cali, I have read your's and others posts. I think you are out of your depth and you can only keep going back to the words 'brand identity'. I am asking what the manufacturers do to convert their motorsport programmes into 'brand identity' and you have failed to answer it. Brand identity doesn't just miraculously happen because they have won a championship or one rally, there is a process in place to convert the results or participation into marketing and I think it's a very relevant question to consider whet the process involves. You clearly aren't up to answering it.