Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    "but you can go and act as a bonehead if you want" Don't try and backtrack. Pretty clear you were trying an insult. I'm fine with such a light reference, but don't accuse me of bullying. I'm not.

So Cali, I have read your's and others posts. I think you are out of your depth and you can only keep going back to the words 'brand identity'. I am asking what the manufacturers do to convert their motorsport programmes into 'brand identity' and you have failed to answer it. Brand identity doesn't just miraculously happen because they have won a championship or one rally, there is a process in place to convert the results or participation into marketing and I think it's a very relevant question to consider whet the process involves. You clearly aren't up to answering it.
    Lol

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    @cali "simple answer" - is the simplifying words I think T16 means when he asked you if there weren´t more to say.

(just interfere the debate between you guys... )
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

3. Likes: T16 (22nd October 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    @cali "simple answer" - is the simplifying words I think T16 means when he asked you if there weren´t more to say.

(just interfere the debate between you guys... )
    Per, I have been on the road for the whole day (writing this answer behind the wheel - yes I'm a bad man) . These are very simplified answers which I gave with Subie example. Mirek has put alot of input on this subject but one is here to flight and bully. Nah I'm not going to follow this route. Had a good burst of laugh after his last post lol. But glad to hear from you man, how's the health of yours?

5. Likes: Rallyper (22nd October 2020)
    Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    few years ago peugeot had a tv ad in the uk for 207 i think with kris meeke in it after he won the irc with the tag line He's Meeke, but he's not mild

7. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd October 2020),Jarek Z (22nd October 2020),T16 (22nd October 2020)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    I'm sceptical about any marketing in regards to rallying - so much that only 2 manufacturers are in the top class. I can't recall much following recent Manufacturer/Driver Titles.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

9. Likes: T16 (22nd October 2020)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dck1989 View Post
    few years ago peugeot had a tv ad in the uk for 207 i think with kris meeke in it after he won the irc with the tag line He's Meeke, but he's not mild
    You're right, I remember this now. It's a good example of the conversion of competition exposure being formatted as brand identity. This is why I keep asking what happens currently from the manufacturers. And as AndyRAC says - there doesn't seem to be much going on recently.

11. Likes: Jarek Z (22nd October 2020)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Per, I have been on the road for the whole day (writing this answer behind the wheel - yes I'm a bad man) . These are very simplified answers which I gave with Subie example. Mirek has put alot of input on this subject but one is here to flight and bully. Nah I'm not going to follow this route. Had a good burst of laugh after his last post lol. But glad to hear from you man, how's the health of yours?

I´m well, thanks. Retired in 2017. So full time work at home nowadays...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: cali (22nd October 2020)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    You're right, I remember this now. It's a good example of the conversion of competition exposure being formatted as brand identity. This is why I keep asking what happens currently from the manufacturers. And as AndyRAC says - there doesn't seem to be much going on recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Skoda Norway should make a similar one with OliverS.

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Nobody has mentioned Abarth so far. How did you like their TV commercial from 2007?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ZOJtz79mA

Do you think it makes sense to spend so much money on marketing for such niche brands like Abarth or Alpine?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    What a great thread it is! It can go on forever

A little off topic, but have you ever seen something like "outdoor clothing Ouninpohja Collection"???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9p1EuFKnWc
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

17. Likes: T16 (22nd October 2020)