Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    But he was ahead, l think Norris wanted to race him through to the next corner without taking precautions that Stroll might want to take the racing line. It was 50:50 at worst really. They both squeezed each other. The Steward replacement for Petrov was a safety car driver, so l can see how that might elude him.
    I disagree. Stroll is an idiot that isn’t good enough for F1. He shows intermittent phases of moderate speed but that is it. Max was in the wrong on Friday in FP2 but Stroll was 100% wrong today. Norris had nowhere to go today. Lance didn’t give him enough room. His fault - 100%. He deserved the penalties.

2. Likes: Bagwan (26th October 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    What about Sainz, What a great start. It was great to see a Mclaren leading the race from. two struggling Mercedes for the short while it lasted. If Ferrari can sort out a great engine for 2021, Sainz would be quite a spectacle in the Ferrari next season.

The pace difference of the Mercedes from the rest of the teams, means they cannot be punished for a lull in their performance as we saw at the start of the race. Imagine if that was Verstapenn in Sainz's position ahead of the Mercedes. That may have given us a great scrap at the front. Unfortunately, the Redbull under Verstapenn could not fire up the tyres quickly enough to make that happen.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Those were some really dubious calls and I'm now convinced that rbr have zero interest in the welfare of their #2 driver. If i were albon i would have my reps on the phone with haas for that open seat. Anything is better than the complete disaster of rbr second seat.
    I hear alot of people saying Redbull should swap Gasly for Albon. I think the result may well be the same. Even Christian Horner said that. He also said fast cars are difficult to drive. Those Mercedes must be hidious to drive then. I think Gasly may want to stay in Alpha Tauri till the end of the season. The way he is going, he might challenge for 4th or 5th in the drivers championship. Why risk that for the dodgy 2nd Redbull car, l wonder.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: truefan72 (26th October 2020)
    Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    This was a crazy race.
    Stroll needs to go. He is useless everyday.
    Gasly should stay right where he is. Red Bull believe in a #1. The #2 driver is only there because he has to be.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    I hear alot of people saying Redbull should swap Gasly for Albon. I think the result may well be the same. Even Christian Horner said that. He also said fast cars are difficult to drive. Those Mercedes must be hidious to drive then. I think Gasly may want to stay in Alpha Tauri till the end of the season. The way he is going, he might challenge for 4th or 5th in the drivers championship. Why risk that for the dodgy 2nd Redbull car, l wonder.
    I think it is true that the RB is a handfull to drive, however I don't think you should sell "The Gas Man" short! One good way to judge a driver is how he does against his teammate. He has outscored Kvy-dawg 4.54 to 1, while Max has outscored Albon 2.57 to 1. That is almost double the beat down!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    What about Sainz, What a great start. It was great to see a Mclaren leading the race from. two struggling Mercedes for the short while it lasted. If Ferrari can sort out a great engine for 2021, Sainz would be quite a spectacle in the Ferrari next season.

The pace difference of the Mercedes from the rest of the teams, means they cannot be punished for a lull in their performance as we saw at the start of the race. Imagine if that was Verstapenn in Sainz's position ahead of the Mercedes. That may have given us a great scrap at the front. Unfortunately, the Redbull under Verstapenn could not fire up the tyres quickly enough to make that happen.
    I was really happy to see Sainz taking the lead. It was epic and exciting. It meant we were going to have a race on our hands. Also with kimi exploding up the grid looking like like me on the F1 2020 video game playing against the AI. Those were some great opening laps and between looking at the live feed, and following the race on my F1 App, it was almost an overload of excitement and hard to keep up with all the goings on. I was entertained
    Last edited by truefan72; 26th October 2020 at 05:34.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I disagree. Stroll is an idiot that isn’t good enough for F1. He shows intermittent phases of moderate speed but that is it. Max was in the wrong on Friday in FP2 but Stroll was 100% wrong today. Norris had nowhere to go today. Lance didn’t give him enough room. His fault - 100%. He deserved the penalties.
    Ok, BK, you don't like him because of his money. If Verstapenn pulled that move, he would not be penalized. We would all say that was acceptable aggressive racing. Where is the equality in that? Rich people can be discriminated against too.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I think it is true that the RB is a handfull to drive, however I don't think you should sell "The Gas Man" short! One good way to judge a driver is how he does against his teammate. He has outscored Kvy-dawg 4.54 to 1, while Max has outscored Albon 2.57 to 1. That is almost double the beat down!
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not selling Gasly short at all. I hold him to very high esteem actually. And you would see that if you look at all of my previous posts about him. My point is, he is doing great where he is, why risk it all in the 2nd seat at Redbull that appears to be cursed.

That 2nd seat at Redbull did no favours to Webber, Ricciado, Gasly and now Albon.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th October 2020 at 09:02.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 177 Times in 76 Posts
    Ok, BK, you don't like him because of his money. If Verstapenn pulled that move, he would not be penalized. We would all say that was acceptable aggressive racing. Where is the equality in that? Rich people can be discriminated against too.
    I am not a big fan of Stroll Jr (neither of Stroll sr BTW ...) because i don't like when daddy's money is buying / protecting a seat. I have to admit though that he is not a bad driver. Not WDC material by far, but a good midfield driver. He can pull it out on his days.
    however what strikes me is that he seems to yo-yo , meaning that the dominos have to fall in place for him to perform. This screams for "lack of set-up skills" : if the car is good, he is good. If the car is not set-up properly he struggles. could it be that it is Perez who is doing the bulk of the set-up job ? And who, incidently can himself get results when the car is not at best.

Regarding sunday's racing incendent my view is that he was 100% at fault. Many other drivers pulled the same move, and did n ot end up sending the other guy off the track .Overly agressive, utterly stupid move ! Penalty fully deserved.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Money has nothing to do with it. He is a waste a grid slot. The only reason he has a drive is Daddy and that doesn’t justify a F1 seat. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport with limited seats and no one should have a drive in it that is not up to the required level. He has had nearly 4 seasons now to get up to the required level and he isn’t there. There have been many, many drivers that have come to F1, performed a lot better and been dropped.