Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    One final thing: i have absolutely loved every one of the different tracks F1 has gone to this season so far. I can’t wait for the Turkey GP, one of all time favorite tracks. Mugello and Portimao need to be in steady rotation on the F1 calendar.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    One final thing: i have absolutely loved every one of the different tracks F1 has gone to this season so far. I can’t wait for the Turkey GP, one of all time favorite tracks. Mugello and Portimao need to be in steady rotation on the F1 calendar.
    Yeah, what a track? This is one track with all the characteristix of the old school circuits. It tested the drivers massively, with the race winner finishing the race with a cramp to boot. I thoroughly enjoyed this race, and do hope it could be in the calendar of every F1 season going forward.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th October 2020 at 17:26.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Racing point are getting screwed by the stewards.
    They really hammered Stroll with penalties. The collision with Norris was a racing incident at best. It certainly was in line with Masi's gloves off racing mantra. Breaching track limits was his own fault though.
    William Shakespeare

That was a lot of weaving by ricciardo
    I don't understand why the stewards did not do anythiong about that one. It clearly was a dangerous weaving on the straight in front of a car with DRS open. It could have been a nasty incident. But where were the stewards on this occasion?
    William Shakespeare

Albon getting shafted again by rbr. No need to stop him. Oh well
    Albon clearly did not get good service from RBR at this race. He was put on the wrong tyres and stopped into bad traffic. He was made to look very ordinary, especially with Gasly ahead in what should be a slower car which incidentally is getting better service from his team.
    William Shakespeare

Meanwhile Bottas has nothing for Hamilton. Absolutely nothing
    I bet Bottas would be feeling hard done by Mercedes not putting the soft tyres on his car at his pitstop after he clearly stating that was his preference. It was a very unhappy Bottas we saw at the post race interviews, which is understandable. Even with softs, he would have been comfortably ahead of Verstapenn and possibly taken the fight to Hamilton. So what was that about Mercedes?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th October 2020 at 23:36.
    William Shakespeare

Drivers of the race so far perez and leclerc
    Quite a few drivers excelled today. Perez is definitely the star of this race coming from dead last to nearly stealing 5th place. Leclerc drove a fantastic race in the Ferrari. But so did Ocon and Gasly. I would mention Russell as well, running in the top ten for a good while before his pitstop put him out of contention. Russell would be great to watch in a more competitve car.
    William Shakespeare

CONGRATULATIONS! LEWIS HAMILTON

Today we experienced a truly historic moment as Hamilton sets a new bar for the most wins by a single driver in F1's history. And he doesn't seem to be slowing down yet. I wonder if he could take it to 100 wins, which would really put down a proper challenge for the up and coming drivers.

For those that are yet to appreciate him, he has laid down an unchallengeable achievement. I watched a Sky broadcaster say a few month's back that Hamilton is not the fastest that has ever being in F1. She missed the point by a country mile and showed how much she doesn't really comprehend, of what it takes to consistently dominate year in year out in F1. The immense work that go into staying ahead in the face of some very talented competition seeking to forge ahead.

The only other person who really knows on the current grid is Sebastien Vettel.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th October 2020 at 17:24.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    They really hammered Stroll with penalties. The collision with Norris was a racing incident at best. It certainly was in line with Masi's gloves off racing mantra. Breaching track limits was his own fault though.
    Nope , he squeezed Norris too tight .
    He could have run much wider from where he was .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Nope , he squeezed Norris too tight .
    He could have run much wider from where he was .
    But he was ahead, l think Norris wanted to race him through to the next corner without taking precautions that Stroll might want to take the racing line. It was 50:50 at worst really. They both squeezed each other. The Steward replacement for Petrov was a safety car driver, so l can see how that might elude him.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th October 2020 at 17:25.
    William Shakespeare