Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,561
    Like
    53
    Liked 379 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    But he was ahead, l think Norris wanted to race him through to the next corner without taking precautions that Stroll might want to take the racing line. It was 50:50 at worst really. They both squeezed each other. The Steward replacement for Petrov was a safety car driver, so l can see how that might elude him.
    I disagree. Stroll is an idiot that isnít good enough for F1. He shows intermittent phases of moderate speed but that is it. Max was in the wrong on Friday in FP2 but Stroll was 100% wrong today. Norris had nowhere to go today. Lance didnít give him enough room. His fault - 100%. He deserved the penalties.

  2. Likes: Bagwan (26th October 2020)
  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,212
    Like
    2
    Liked 523 Times in 419 Posts
    What about Sainz, What a great start. It was great to see a Mclaren leading the race from. two struggling Mercedes for the short while it lasted. If Ferrari can sort out a great engine for 2021, Sainz would be quite a spectacle in the Ferrari next season.

    The pace difference of the Mercedes from the rest of the teams, means they cannot be punished for a lull in their performance as we saw at the start of the race. Imagine if that was Verstapenn in Sainz's position ahead of the Mercedes. That may have given us a great scrap at the front. Unfortunately, the Redbull under Verstapenn could not fire up the tyres quickly enough to make that happen.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,212
    Like
    2
    Liked 523 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Those were some really dubious calls and I'm now convinced that rbr have zero interest in the welfare of their #2 driver. If i were albon i would have my reps on the phone with haas for that open seat. Anything is better than the complete disaster of rbr second seat.
    I hear alot of people saying Redbull should swap Gasly for Albon. I think the result may well be the same. Even Christian Horner said that. He also said fast cars are difficult to drive. Those Mercedes must be hidious to drive then. I think Gasly may want to stay in Alpha Tauri till the end of the season. The way he is going, he might challenge for 4th or 5th in the drivers championship. Why risk that for the dodgy 2nd Redbull car, l wonder.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  5. Likes: truefan72 (26th October 2020)
  6. #54
    Senior Member N. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodridge, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    4,098
    Like
    339
    Liked 536 Times in 351 Posts
    This was a crazy race.
    Stroll needs to go. He is useless everyday.
    Gasly should stay right where he is. Red Bull believe in a #1. The #2 driver is only there because he has to be.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

  7. #55
    Senior Member Tazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    14,814
    Like
    1,014
    Liked 499 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I hear alot of people saying Redbull should swap Gasly for Albon. I think the result may well be the same. Even Christian Horner said that. He also said fast cars are difficult to drive. Those Mercedes must be hidious to drive then. I think Gasly may want to stay in Alpha Tauri till the end of the season. The way he is going, he might challenge for 4th or 5th in the drivers championship. Why risk that for the dodgy 2nd Redbull car, l wonder.
    I think it is true that the RB is a handfull to drive, however I don't think you should sell "The Gas Man" short! One good way to judge a driver is how he does against his teammate. He has outscored Kvy-dawg 4.54 to 1, while Max has outscored Albon 2.57 to 1. That is almost double the beat down!
    May the forza be with you

  8. #56
    Senior Member truefan72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,629
    Like
    988
    Liked 304 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    What about Sainz, What a great start. It was great to see a Mclaren leading the race from. two struggling Mercedes for the short while it lasted. If Ferrari can sort out a great engine for 2021, Sainz would be quite a spectacle in the Ferrari next season.

    The pace difference of the Mercedes from the rest of the teams, means they cannot be punished for a lull in their performance as we saw at the start of the race. Imagine if that was Verstapenn in Sainz's position ahead of the Mercedes. That may have given us a great scrap at the front. Unfortunately, the Redbull under Verstapenn could not fire up the tyres quickly enough to make that happen.
    I was really happy to see Sainz taking the lead. It was epic and exciting. It meant we were going to have a race on our hands. Also with kimi exploding up the grid looking like like me on the F1 2020 video game playing against the AI. Those were some great opening laps and between looking at the live feed, and following the race on my F1 App, it was almost an overload of excitement and hard to keep up with all the goings on. I was entertained
    Last edited by truefan72; 26th October 2020 at 05:34.
    you can't argue with results. 2019 FGP 2nd Place ;)

  9. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,212
    Like
    2
    Liked 523 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I disagree. Stroll is an idiot that isnít good enough for F1. He shows intermittent phases of moderate speed but that is it. Max was in the wrong on Friday in FP2 but Stroll was 100% wrong today. Norris had nowhere to go today. Lance didnít give him enough room. His fault - 100%. He deserved the penalties.
    Ok, BK, you don't like him because of his money. If Verstapenn pulled that move, he would not be penalized. We would all say that was acceptable aggressive racing. Where is the equality in that? Rich people can be discriminated against too.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  10. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,212
    Like
    2
    Liked 523 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I think it is true that the RB is a handfull to drive, however I don't think you should sell "The Gas Man" short! One good way to judge a driver is how he does against his teammate. He has outscored Kvy-dawg 4.54 to 1, while Max has outscored Albon 2.57 to 1. That is almost double the beat down!
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not selling Gasly short at all. I hold him to very high esteem actually. And you would see that if you look at all of my previous posts about him. My point is, he is doing great where he is, why risk it all in the 2nd seat at Redbull that appears to be cursed.

    That 2nd seat at Redbull did no favours to Webber, Ricciado, Gasly and now Albon.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th October 2020 at 09:02.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  11. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    109
    Like
    0
    Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Ok, BK, you don't like him because of his money. If Verstapenn pulled that move, he would not be penalized. We would all say that was acceptable aggressive racing. Where is the equality in that? Rich people can be discriminated against too.
    I am not a big fan of Stroll Jr (neither of Stroll sr BTW ...) because i don't like when daddy's money is buying / protecting a seat. I have to admit though that he is not a bad driver. Not WDC material by far, but a good midfield driver. He can pull it out on his days.
    however what strikes me is that he seems to yo-yo , meaning that the dominos have to fall in place for him to perform. This screams for "lack of set-up skills" : if the car is good, he is good. If the car is not set-up properly he struggles. could it be that it is Perez who is doing the bulk of the set-up job ? And who, incidently can himself get results when the car is not at best.

    Regarding sunday's racing incendent my view is that he was 100% at fault. Many other drivers pulled the same move, and did n ot end up sending the other guy off the track .Overly agressive, utterly stupid move ! Penalty fully deserved.

  12. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,561
    Like
    53
    Liked 379 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Ok, BK, you don't like him because of his money. If Verstapenn pulled that move, he would not be penalized. We would all say that was acceptable aggressive racing. Where is the equality in that? Rich people can be discriminated against too.
    Money has nothing to do with it. He is a waste a grid slot. The only reason he has a drive is Daddy and that doesnít justify a F1 seat. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport with limited seats and no one should have a drive in it that is not up to the required level. He has had nearly 4 seasons now to get up to the required level and he isnít there. There have been many, many drivers that have come to F1, performed a lot better and been dropped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •