Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    There was no way they were going to find those 15mill SEK to run without spectators unfortunately, shame the promotors aren't able to support the events like they do in F1
    I've been meaning to say this for a while, but I think we should refer to WRC Promoter as an Administrator rather than a Promoter. F1, MotoGP, GT racing, NASCAR, ect, all have clearly discernible Promoter activity. In the WRC, the FIA still seems to publicly play more of a Promoter roll than 'WRC Promoter'/Red Bull, which seems to be a silent witness. Behind the scenes, are WRC Promoter trying to assist events, manufacturers, teams and competitors to take part in the sport? Are they trying to bring eyes and sponsors to the sport, other than the sponsorship/income they've arranged for their own company?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I see Colin Clark is on the defensive again, with his reply to that
    It's ok, i can be the punching bag for you guys
    Funnily enough I have more respect for your work than Colin's... I think he needs to remember that the core rallying fan base is a relatively small one, like the WRC bubble itself. Often the two even intertwine. Alienating people, who rather ironically have self funded and self produced WRC YouTube content with viewing figures that Dirtfish and WRC Promoter could only dream of, seems like a bad idea. Maybe he should join a forum like this, it might bring him and his fanciful opinions back down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Berke View Post
    For the future seasons, wouldn't it be better to ditch Rally Sweden and replace it with Lapland Rally as Rally Finland; considering we now have Rally Estonia which is pretty similar to the event we get in Jyvaskyla. I know losing some classic stages won't be ideal but at least finally we could have some proper snow rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I know I'm a bit sentimental about Rally Finland in Jyväskylä, but for me it would be wrong to take it away, as it has such a long tradition.
    It'd be like NASCAR ditching the Daytona 500, Indycar ditching the Indy 500, F1 dropping the Monaco GP. But nothing is sacred in the WRC! Here's hoping they don't go down that road. I don't think they would, again...
    Last edited by the sniper; 12th December 2020 at 20:04.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (13th December 2020),cali (12th December 2020),SubaruNorway (13th December 2020)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Funnily enough I have more respect for your work than Colin's... I think he needs to remember that the core rallying fan base is a relatively small one, like the WRC bubble itself. Often the two even intertwine. Alienating people, who rather ironically have self funded and self produced WRC YouTube content with viewing figures that Dirtfish and WRC Promoter could only dream of, seems like a bad idea. Maybe he should join a forum like this, it might bring him and his fanciful opinions back down to earth.
    Thank you, that's very kind!
    Not much time to sit around at cafés all day when I'm at events like some other people do, that's for sure!
    Starting to get the feeling that if i really went for It and things opened up i could live off my YT channel now, so big thanks to everyone who's supporting it. Should just hit 10mill views this year!

Not sure what's going on with Colin, seems to be on a mission to fall out with as many people as possible this year unfortunately, got some supportive messages from several people around even drivers.
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 12th December 2020 at 20:44.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

4. Likes: AnttiL (12th December 2020),cali (12th December 2020),Co-driven (12th December 2020),Essaj (12th December 2020),Lead (13th December 2020),pantealex (13th December 2020),Rallyper (13th December 2020),satnav (12th December 2020),skarderud (13th December 2020),the sniper (12th December 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    I'm an estonian but theres no way that Rally Finland on gravel should be left out from WRC calendar. Never ever should this happen.
    I'll second to that, no Jyväskylä means no WRC basically. I'm not willing to give up on that special WRC round no matter what.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

6. Likes: Hartusvuori (14th December 2020),pantealex (13th December 2020),Rallyper (13th December 2020),Tauri_J (12th December 2020)
    Thank you, that's very kind!
    Not much time to sit around at cafés all day when I'm at events like some other people do, that's for sure!
    Starting to get the feeling that if i really went for It and things opened up i could live off my YT channel now, so big thanks to everyone who's supporting it. Should just hit 10mill views this year!

Not sure what's going on with Colin, seems to be on a mission to fall out with as many people as possible this year unfortunately, got some supportive messages from several people around even drivers.
    You hang in there we've got your back

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

8. Likes: SubaruNorway (13th December 2020)
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    It was talked already in november that monaco and sweden won’t happen and Latvia will be the firtst round in may. But now it is sure that Latvia doesn’t have a rally this year.

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 371 View Post
    It was talked already in november that monaco and sweden won’t happen and Latvia will be the firtst round in may. But now it is sure that Latvia doesn’t have a rally this year.
    ?? Can you explain this more precisely?

11. Likes: pantealex (13th December 2020)
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    I don't know exactly what was the case but promoter and organizer didn't reach the agreement. ERC round was planned to move to Tukums region so Liepāja can have a wrc round.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    WRC have to step down to square one.

And NEVER give up Rally Finland. NEVER!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

14. Likes: cali (13th December 2020)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I've been meaning to say this for a while, but I think we should refer to WRC Promoter as an Administrator rather than a Promoter. F1, MotoGP, GT racing, NASCAR, ect, all have clearly discernible Promoter activity. In the WRC, the FIA still seems to publicly play more of a Promoter roll than 'WRC Promoter'/Red Bull, which seems to be a silent witness. Behind the scenes, are WRC Promoter trying to assist events, manufacturers, teams and competitors to take part in the sport? Are they trying to bring eyes and sponsors to the sport, other than the sponsorship/income they've arranged for their own company?

It'd be like NASCAR ditching the Daytona 500, Indycar ditching the Indy 500, F1 dropping the Monaco GP. But nothing is sacred in the WRC! Here's hoping they don't go down that road. I don't think they would, again...
    If rallying is the only motorsport somebody chooses follow, then you might think the WRC Promoter are doing okay. However, when you follow other series, you realise they're miles away from being up to the job.

I think we can safely say 1,000 Lakes/Rally Finland is the one event they'll never mess with. Everything else is okay; as we've seen, even the Monte.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

16. Likes: cali (13th December 2020),the sniper (13th December 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    If rallying is the only motorsport somebody chooses follow, then you might think the WRC Promoter are doing okay. However, when you follow other series, you realise they're miles away from being up to the job.

I think we can safely say 1,000 Lakes/Rally Finland is the one event they'll never mess with. Everything else is okay; as we've seen, even the Monte.
    There is not a lot of content being made by Promoter. If you are a fan then you have to rely on some independent makers or Dirtfish. Looking at the recent (and also past) events you cannot like Dirtfish unless David Evans has some story. The other chap there is just babbling and produces only a somekind of low end entertainment value.
    Kind of sad really. I don't think the Promoter is up to the task at all what comes to digital media content.

18. Likes: AndyRAC (14th December 2020),dimviii (13th December 2020),EstWRC (14th December 2020)