Page 11 of 167 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    In the case of Loubet, it's clear that FFSA is funding those drives. But for Veiby, the Norwegian article stated that Hyundai is paying all expenses.
    Loubet has never done any rallies in France, he didn't go through any of the trophies the talented French drivers come from, completely ignored FFSA and everything they're standing behind (the trophies, Rallye Jeunes etc). This year he suddenly appears with a few FFSA-stickers on the car and "it's clear that FFSA is funding those drives"? Come on... France has better drivers to care about than him. I think there's some big (private) budget behind him, regardless of the stickers that may appear on his car.

2. Likes: Jarek Z (14th November 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Loubet has never done any rallies in France, he didn't go through any of the trophies the talented French drivers come from, completely ignored FFSA and everything they're standing behind (the trophies, Rallye Jeunes etc). This year he suddenly appears with a few FFSA-stickers on the car and "it's clear that FFSA is funding those drives"? Come on... France has better drivers to care about than him. I think there's some big (private) budget behind him, regardless of the stickers that may appear on his car.
    For sure private budget as well, but he's in FFSA's program. I don't think he would put those stickers on the car without getting anything in return.

4. Likes: pantealex (14th November 2020)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    France has better drivers to care about than him.
    Loubet is 2019 WRC2 Champion...
    so trying WRC is natural step

so who are those better/faster French drivers ?
    (Bonato, Camilli, Ciamin, Formaux and Rossel have failed to deliver)
    ERC/WRC level not any "village event heroes"
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

6. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2020),Augury (14th November 2020),cali (14th November 2020),Jarek Z (14th November 2020)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    You're right I forgot he was WRC2 champion, even though he had only one finish within two minutes of the quickest R5-car (Wales 1 minute behind the WRC2Pro winner). Quite a joke, these splitted championships in the same category. Maybe I'm a bit biased about him, from what I've personally seen I can't believe he'll ever make it further than being a paying privateer. Anyway, my point was that I can't believe FFSA is paying (much) for him, certainly not in the way AnttiL states "FFSA funds his drives".

This year it's a bit sad in France with very little events, so hard to say who's where at the moment. Honestly I don't think there's any future top WRC driver among them right now, although some drivers have more potential than Loubet I think. The Franceschi brothers were looking very promising although Jean-Baptiste's results were a bit off this year. I wouldn't write off Ciamin yet, he's still only 22 years old. For Fourmaux I think he skipped a few steps, and that has backfired for him. Going from a 140hp Fiesta R2Junior in France straight to R5 in WRC events, and having a strange co-driver switch at the same time...

But going way off-topic right here...

8. Likes: dimviii (14th November 2020),Jarek Z (14th November 2020),pantealex (15th November 2020),the sniper (14th November 2020)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Robert Kubica confirmed in an interview that we was interested in competing in Monza Rally. Unfortunately, it will be impossible, because at the same time he has to be at the Formula 1 Sakhir Grand Prix together with the whole Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen team.
    https://cdn.galleries.smcloud.net/t/...442-nocrop.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7OE...ature=emb_logo
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 14th November 2020 at 18:01.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Loubet has never done any rallies in France...

France has better drivers to care about than him.
    Maybe I'm a bit biased about him, from what I've personally seen I can't believe he'll ever make it further than being a paying privateer.
    I have to warn you. You need to be careful with opinions about Loubet. I was even more biased about him than you and have a look at what happened:

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I think there is much more tallents which we can be mentioned here. Efren Llarena, Pierre-Louis Loubet, Laurent Pellier, Miko Marczyk, Sindre Furuseth, Callum Devine, Jon Armstrong, Nicolas Ciamin, James Williams, Hugo Margaillan, Yohan Rossel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Of course he must prove talent and driving skills, therefore some drivers on your list do not qualify
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Like who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    For example - Loubet. 4 years in WRC and not a single good result. How can you compare him with Rovanperä, Greensmith or Gryazin?
    One year later Loubet won WRC2 and I had to eat my words!
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 14th November 2020 at 19:27.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

11. Likes: pantealex (15th November 2020),tommeke_B (14th November 2020)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    I saw Loubet live with wrc at Alba and impressed me. Sure i can be wrong, but I think he can show something, probably more than Veiby and Greensmith...

13. Likes: RS (16th November 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

15. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Great effort to polish Monza Rally turd…

It just missed to say that the WRC will be decided on a Mickey Mouse rally, run on a highly Covid affected region, while the ERC will have its titles decided on a proper rally (with a remarkable entry list), run on a low Covid rate area. Hats off to Eurosport Events!
    Rally addict since 1982

17. Likes: AndyRAC (17th November 2020),Eli (17th November 2020),EstWRC (17th November 2020),Jarek Z (17th November 2020),Lead (17th November 2020),tommeke_B (17th November 2020)
    Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    Recently they have strange attitude. Also idea from Clark: Let's do 4-5 events in NZ and AU and stay there 3 month