Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    The Monza Rally will run within the confines of the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza on Friday and Sunday with roads used in the surrounding mountains on Saturday.

There’s plenty of speculation that stages included on the Rally Trofeo ACI Como, which runs as a standalone event on November 6-7, will be part of the itinerary. But that speculation is wide of the mark according to Turitto.

“I don’t think we use the Como stages,” he said, “I think we can find some other nice roads. We have some ideas.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/monza...its-wrc-debut/

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (24th October 2020)
    Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    +1. It's very easy to judge if you don't know how much work goes into it organizing an event or championship. Not even talking about the extra challenges they're facing these times.
    True, no one is saying it's easy, far from it, but the fact of the matter is that the ERC has managed to pull it off and they managed to get their season up and running back in July where as the WRC still didn't know what to do and how to manage their depleting calendar. The events were dropped one by one like flies..Surely the WRC could've brought the Rally of Estonia to Mid-August (and with better preparation maybe even sooner), it's not like they had to plan the event from mid-air, they were planning to do the event anyhow. It's the FIA's (& Promoter) job to make sure it happens and they also should've been more clear on their plans and taken those decisions sooner and therefore would've made it easier for each Rally Organizer to prepare their event on time. There's no reason why the WRC should have started in early Sep. when by then most disciplines have already started, and I still don't see why the WRC couldn't get Ypres to run next weekend instead of a month from now and why we couldn't get another event or two when they built the redesigned calendar for 2020. The only 'good' lesson they (hopefully not just for next year) learned is that next season we already have replacement rallies in case the original calendar will fall flat on it's face like it did this year... Sorry for opening this here, should've been on a different thread, if we continue discussing it I propose we'll continue on the right thread.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: EstWRC (25th October 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] Monza Rally 2020

I don’t think Rally Estonia could have run any earlier. Remember how they almost didn’t run the rally at all before they got the replacement slot? It was quite an achievement to get it organized so quickly. Also, Liepaja was on the initial plans for August

6. Likes: tommeke_B (24th October 2020)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    I've got wrc at 2hours from home I'll go (expecially outside the track). period. don't really care if it's already won, i love to see them driving! classification is a second though!
    Of course close by rally fans are going to attend !

I said fans of Tanak and Neuvuille wont travel there in big numbers as they would if either was in with a chance of clinching the title at Monza.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    In any case, traveling would be very limited...

Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don’t think Rally Estonia could have run any earlier. Remember how they almost didn’t run the rally at all before they got the replacement slot? It was quite an achievement to get it organized so quickly. Also, Liepaja was on the initial plans for August
    Yes I remember the whole chaos before running Rally Estonia, and I'm saying kudos to their organizers, however, it's the FIA's & promoter's job to find a venue and make it happen so the championship isn't frozen for 6 whole months...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

10. Likes: AndyRAC (24th October 2020),AnttiL (24th October 2020),EstWRC (25th October 2020)
    Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    In any case, traveling would be very limited...
    Especially if Monza track is closed for the public...I’ll try the Saturday stages because it’s 2 hours from home, but coming from another country for a single day

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredouye View Post
    Especially if Monza track is closed for the public...I’ll try the Saturday stages because it’s 2 hours from home, but coming from another country for a single day
    Everything depends on the pandemic. Italy has now a "mild lockdown" until 24th November

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    True, no one is saying it's easy, far from it, but the fact of the matter is that the ERC has managed to pull it off and they managed to get their season up and running back in July where as the WRC still didn't know what to do and how to manage their depleting calendar. The events were dropped one by one like flies..Surely the WRC could've brought the Rally of Estonia to Mid-August (and with better preparation maybe even sooner), it's not like they had to plan the event from mid-air, they were planning to do the event anyhow. It's the FIA's (& Promoter) job to make sure it happens and they also should've been more clear on their plans and taken those decisions sooner and therefore would've made it easier for each Rally Organizer to prepare their event on time. There's no reason why the WRC should have started in early Sep. when by then most disciplines have already started, and I still don't see why the WRC couldn't get Ypres to run next weekend instead of a month from now and why we couldn't get another event or two when they built the redesigned calendar for 2020. The only 'good' lesson they (hopefully not just for next year) learned is that next season we already have replacement rallies in case the original calendar will fall flat on it's face like it did this year... Sorry for opening this here, should've been on a different thread, if we continue discussing it I propose we'll continue on the right thread.
    As you've recognized, the WRC got more events cancelled than the ERC and most of those occured on a short notice after the lockdown; still the promoter managed to restart the series with a new top event and run two more without further delays.

On Ypres you're totally right; it was quite puzzling having the event date changed from October (after getting Turkey moved one week earlier) to late November, forcing Monza rally entry as a contigency plan (making possible to have the world titles decided on a racing circuit by stupid tires chicanes penalties).
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    (making possible to have the world titles decided on a racing circuit by stupid tires chicanes penalties).
    Stupid or not; it is going to be the same for everyone; by the way, we are talking about BEST rally drivers in the world, so they must drive on each surface & in any weather and around each obstacle (tree, fence, building, barn, hay bale...).