Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Recently they have strange attitude. Also idea from Clark: Let's do 4-5 events in NZ and AU and stay there 3 month
    And he's seriously suggesting all that is put together for the beginning of 2021, while we're already in November and containers should soon be on ships going to NZ if they want to be there in time...

We know that Colin loves Australia and NZ, he visits many local events usually. He's also often expressed his love for Coffs Harbour based Rally Australia, touting it as the best round of the WRC season.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 17th November 2020 at 11:21.

2. Likes: Jarek Z (17th November 2020)
    Liked 657 Times in 316 Posts
    He's spent too long at stage ends and not in the real world.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    It just missed to say that the WRC will be decided on a Mickey Mouse rally, run on a highly Covid affected region, while the ERC will have its titles decided on a proper rally (with a remarkable entry list), run on a low Covid rate area. Hats off to Eurosport Events!
    This. I don't understand why they didn't try to take advantage of the many empty weeks between one WRC round and another and go for Canarias, or Roma Capitale back then (among others). Even by just sending there the RC1 cars. Instead, they just idle around.

5. Likes: EstWRC (17th November 2020),Jarek Z (17th November 2020)
    Liked 1,129 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    I saw Loubet live with wrc at Alba and impressed me. Sure i can be wrong, but I think he can show something, probably more than Veiby and Greensmith...
    I saw veiby at ypres last year. His best stage result was 8th, behind local gentleman drivers.

He's not even second class behind the best drivers. He's third class at best, somewhere between the faster gentleman drivers.

I don't see why anyone would want to put him in a wrc car.

7. Likes: wyler (17th November 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    This. I don't understand why they didn't try to take advantage of the many empty weeks between one WRC round and another and go for Canarias, or Roma Capitale back then (among others). Even by just sending there the RC1 cars. Instead, they just idle around.
    Yep, bringing Canarias to the WRC would certainly be better than having Monza as the series finale, but in face of Latvia’s event rejection one can wonder if there wasn’t a clash between WRC and ERC promoters.

Anyway, the main error was to allow Ypres moving to late November, when it was already clear that the second Covid wave was starting; without that reckless move we would have the WRC finished by now, with all champs decided in seven proper events.
    Rally addict since 1982

9. Likes: EstWRC (17th November 2020),PLuto (17th November 2020)
    Yep, bringing Canarias to the WRC would certainly be better than having Monza as the series finale, but in face of Latvia’s event rejection one can wonder if there wasn’t a clash between WRC and ERC promoters.

Anyway, the main error was to allow Ypres moving to late November, when it was already clear that the second Covid wave was starting; without that reckless move we would have the WRC finished by now, with all champs decided in seven proper events.
    By keeping Ypres in its original date would have meant canceling of Turkey and having Sardegna in its late October slot, which could have also meant cancellation...

It's easy to say afterwards how it should have been done. The WRC calendar is not a simple jigsaw puzzle.

11. Likes: pantealex (17th November 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I saw veiby at ypres last year. His best stage result was 8th, behind local gentleman drivers.

He's not even second class behind the best drivers. He's third class at best, somewhere between the faster gentleman drivers.

I don't see why anyone would want to put him in a wrc car.
    Veiby has won WRC2 once, it was in Poland 2017. He often makes outrageously fast stage wins but is unable to retain this pace throughout a rally and/or crashes.

One explanation could be that Veiby and Gryazin (who both brought a big budget to their WRC2 programs) had a deal that included a prize drive for the one with more WRC2 points at the end of the season.

13. Likes: pantealex (17th November 2020)
    Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Recently they have strange attitude. Also idea from Clark: Let's do 4-5 events in NZ and AU and stay there 3 month
    I'm sure M-Sport, Hyundai and Toyota would be happy to foot the bills for that one. What a bizarre idea.

15. Likes: cali (18th November 2020),pantealex (17th November 2020)
    Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    It was a little more basic than a clash between promoters.......

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancia Stratos View Post
    It was a little more basic than a clash between promoters.......
    …..can’t you explain it?
    Rally addict since 1982