Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don't believe that...especially with the Saturday stages.
    I was going to say the same. Haven’t looked the article, but if Evans wrote it, that’s a bit shit.
    If it was around the circuit stages only, then maybe a top five, if he’s lucky, but outright on tarmac and with some real stages.... not a chance.

2. Likes: AnttiL (2nd December 2020),Co-driven (2nd December 2020),dimviii (2nd December 2020),Eli (2nd December 2020),pantealex (3rd December 2020),WRC1 (2nd December 2020)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Why Rossi could have troubled the WRC’s best at Monza

He's been a dominant force at Monza in the past and some at M-Sport believe he could have taken his maiden WRC win this year

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/why-r...best-at-monza/
    LOL have they ever seen his stage times?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

4. Likes: pantealex (3rd December 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    shakedown start list

Championship leader Elfyn Evans admitted the Friday and Sunday tests wouldn’t be like anything previously seen this season. If ever.

“They’re not traditional stages by any means,” said Evans, when asked by DirtFish to assess the stages.

“The sections on the track itself are not bad, they’ve been marked out well on the recce. It’s still challenging enough with the way the rubber is on the track.

“And the gravel bits yesterday, to be honest, weren’t looking too bad. The recce today was, obviously, a different picture with some ruts appearing in the gravel already.

“So that could be another story by the time we’ve run over them a few times.”

Evans’ Toyota team-mate Sébastien Ogier said Monza could provide the season’s biggest challenge.

“There’s a lot of gravel and mud on the circuit sections and that’s going to be extremely challenging with an asphalt [specification] car,” he said.

“Maybe that Mickey Mouse term is not the right one for this weekend because it’s quite a difficult challenge already.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/micke...monza-verdict/

7. Likes: AnttiL (2nd December 2020)
    Ivan Fernandez
    @fernischumi
    Interestingly, the first edition of the Monza Rally Show was held in these conditions. It was in 1978 and some snowy stamps have reminded us of the views today in the #WRC recognitions

9. Likes: AnttiL (2nd December 2020),Eli (3rd December 2020),m-ast (2nd December 2020),Mirek (2nd December 2020),Morte66 (3rd December 2020),pantealex (3rd December 2020),Rally Hokkaido (2nd December 2020),the sniper (2nd December 2020),wyler (3rd December 2020)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Why Rossi could have troubled the WRC’s best at Monza

He's been a dominant force at Monza in the past and some at M-Sport believe he could have taken his maiden WRC win this year

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/why-r...best-at-monza/
    No way.....he would be definitely the one to count on Monza circuit stages, but on Saturday stages he would have troubles to keep up with the fastest guys in R5....

11. Likes: pantealex (3rd December 2020),WRC1 (2nd December 2020)

Dani Sordo: "It's going to be a very difficult test because of the snow"
    The Spaniard faces the last round of the World Cup "worried about the conditions of the terrain, because it will be worse than a Monte Carlo that I like the least".

He is the latest winner in a World Championship rally in Sardinia, and also the driver who knows Monza best for his performances and victories at the Rally Show. But Dani Sordo was concerned about the conditions of the stages after finishing the reconnaissance.

- Do you look favorite because you know Monza better than anyone?

-It is true that I have raced many times in the Rally Show, but this time it will be different. It does not look like anything. The sections are different, they go outside the circuit and there are also areas with three kilometers of land. It is not what I have run on other occasions.

-How are the road sections on Saturday at Lake Como?

-The route is not very beautiful. There is snow, there is fog, and it is worse than in those Monte Carlo Rallies that I like least. We have done the dry test, and it is useless in these conditions. It's like cyclists, not everyone likes the mountains. My colleagues have better references with the test they did for Belgium in the wet than I did, who did not do it and for this test I tested the car in the dry.

-But you have to fight for the title of constructors.

-It is clear that we are going to fight and push hard to try to give Hyundai the brand title. It is my only objective, because of the pilots I have not done accounts. That is not my battle.

-It is the fourth time he has raced in Italy this year, and he has won twice, in Rome and Sardinia.

-The truth is that Monza brings me very good memories, and I really like Italy, but now it's different. There are no people, and not only is it cold, but the environment is also very cold, without people.

-Do you already know your future? Will it continue to run next year?

-Something will be next year, but that is something that Andrea Adamo, the head of Hyundai, must answer.

https://as.com/motor/2020/12/02/mas_...93_493401.html

Thierry Neuville: "I wouldn't be very proud to be champion this year"

On the eve of the Monza Rally, the last round of the world championship, Thierry Neuville, still mathematically in contention for the title, answered our questions.

Thierry, how is this last event of the season looking?

"It promises to be a very difficult rally, with small gaps around the circuit during the first and third stages and a surprising day in the mountains on Saturday. We had a lot of fog, snow and soup during the reconnaissance and that It promises to be complicated. The role of the openers promises to be important and the choice of tires will prove to be decisive. A truck of snow tires has arrived in case the winter conditions are confirmed. "

Does the fact of having multiplied national events since August give Hyundai an advantage?

"I hope so. Toyota has driven very little on the asphalt since Monte-Carlo. This is not our case and we intend to take advantage of it. The car has evolved well. I feel very comfortable. comfortable behind the wheel. The main objective is of course to keep the constructors' title. "

As for the pilots, you don't really think about it even if you still have a mathematical chance?

"No. The day the cancellation of Ypres was announced my last hopes were gone. Elfyn just had to finish in the top five which he will be doing on a regular basis and I didn't have any more. Luckily. Either way, it's not the right year to be champion. I discussed it with my manager and told him that I wouldn't be very proud to be crowned after a year like this. Evans is in a wheelchair. Now he has not had any problems this season, which he is not immune to a glitch either. And then we can count on Seb Ogier to put pressure on him, also on a psychological level. It's going to be war! "

Second or third in the championship, do you mind?

"Yes I don't care. I've been runner-up enough times already."

But fourth behind Ott Tanak, would that bother you?

"Ah yes that's for sure, but that's not going to happen."

The goal of the weekend is clearly to end the season as you started it?

"Absolutely. We want to win. Everyone wants to win this rally. All the while thinking that there is a brand title to keep at home."

We canceled Ypres two weeks ago but we're driving to Monza, okay?

"Here we are on a circuit, there is nobody, no public. It's easier to control. And then you have to evolve. You have to continue to live despite the virus. It's my job and I want to keep working. We have to learn to live with this pandemic. It was important to restart to prepare for next season. "

Who starts when?

"Already next week with the Monte-Carlo tests."

Who will take place?

"Yes, I think so because they can also organize it behind closed doors."

Do you have any guarantees that Hyundai will still be present in the WRC in 2022?

"Today, there is no guarantee for anything. But I am confident, yes."

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/...medium=twitter

16. Likes: pantealex (3rd December 2020)