Page 23 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Some guys just have to have different opinions that's all. Great entry list and I hope it to be a great event. Although not to prone to crashes and mechanical problems, having a close battle for the title will be great

2. Likes: Jarek Z (26th November 2020)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Well entry list is very good
    but
    All those "stars" who were driving Monza 2018/2019 with WRC are "chickening"

so for me WRC is just normal (11 cars)

WRC2 only 4
    WRC3 only 13
    JWRC only 6 (Rally Sweden had 16)

so it´s not that great

R-GT entries are big +
    Privateers with Rally2/R5 also +
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

4. Likes: Rally Power (26th November 2020),RS (27th November 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    Some guys just have to have different opinions that's all.
    Nope, this isn't about having different opinions but rather to state the obvious. Monza has always provide great entry lists as a rally show and no one can denny that Rossi or Kubica would bring more viewers from other motorsport series.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: pantealex (26th November 2020),T16 (27th November 2020)
    Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Nope, this isn't about having different opinions but rather to state the obvious. Monza has always provide great entry lists as a rally show and no one can denny that Rossi or Kubica would bring more viewers from other motorsport series.
    As you said as a "rally show". Now with the proper stages on Saturday and the quite different stages also on the monza racetrack area it has not much to do with the old "show" event. Only the "Grand Prix" stage can be compared to previous years. It's a proper rally now.

8. Likes: AnttiL (26th November 2020)
    Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Nope, this isn't about having different opinions but rather to state the obvious. Monza has always provided great entry lists as a rally show and no one can deny that Rossi or Kubica would bring more viewers from other motorsport series.
    For what? Mainstream media attention? Rossi has not the star power he once had (some of my friends didn't even know that he was still in MotoGP) and Kubica, although I think it would be fast, it would cost money to the team. Don't forget that his car must be adapted and take in mind that he didn't bring more audiences or anything to DTM this year. If you want mainstream media attention, you either bring a footballer (and a big name) or a movie star (Patrick Dempsey or Fassbender comes to my mind as they like racing).
    I would rather see this as an opportunity for WRC Teams to test new guns like Solberg Jr. or Huttunen in a WRC car.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    As you said as a "rally show". Now with the proper stages on Saturday and the quite different stages also on the monza racetrack area it has not much to do with the old "show" event. Only the "Grand Prix" stage can be compared to previous years. It's a proper rally now.
    Sorry mate, even with all the changes there's no way it can be seen as a proper WRC rally (69% of the stages, coresponding to 52% of the kms, are run on/around a racing circuit).

Don't take me wrong, ACI efforts to provide an alternative season finale on such a difficult time must be praised, but we can't forget that Monza is in the series mainly because the FIA and the promoter ruined the chances of running seven proper WRC rallys in due time.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Sorry mate, even with all the changes there's no way it can be seen as a proper WRC rally (69% of the stages, coresponding to 52% of the kms, are run on/around a racing circuit).

Don't take me wrong, ACI efforts to provide an alternative season finale on such a difficult time must be praised, but we can't forget that Monza is in the series mainly because the FIA and the promoter ruined the chances of running seven proper WRC rallys in due time.
    But changed enough to not have "guest" playing around, cause outside track will be difficult and risky. Definitely not a show anymore. (for sure even not a proper rally, but closer)

12. Likes: pantealex (27th November 2020)
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Guys. when we can get the 16 stages track map. I'm very interested to see what is the new circuit look like

Liked 832 Times in 380 Posts
    ACI must be praised indeed, they seem to put a lot of effort to make this happen. I think it's alright to have Monza in the calendar being the year that it is, it's just very disappointing that it's round 7 of 7 of a world rally championship... added with the fact that Evans just needs to cruise to win the title, I really can't feel the excitement for this.

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    i dont know why, but with each day the rally coming to closer and closer....

the more i have a feeling that Ogier will snatch the title, i dont wish or want it but i just have this feeling.

we will see in a week if my feeling was right or wrong.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -