Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts

Let's say goodbye to one of our dearest members

Sometimes life is unfair. Damn unfair! And I wish I had never had to write this.

I just heared that one of my best friends passed away. You know, that rare kind of friend that don’t need a facebook notification to wish you happy birthday, because he always remembers the date. Or to ask again and again for your mail address, because he wrote it in his agenda from the beginning. The kind of friend that sends you christmas cards, real cards, that he carefully picks up knowing that you’ll enjoy them, taking care to personalize it with funny drawings dedicated to you. The friend that although he lives miles away surprise you by sending small silly things or a Get well soon card that can bring a smile on your face. That real friend that feels only by reading between the lines that you are sad and is doing his best to cheer you up. And who may sacrifice a part of his time (although “busy” was his trademark) just to watch Eurovision with you every year, despite not being a fan.
    I lost this friend and although we weren’t very close lately, it hurts. It hurts like hell and I can’t stop crying.

The reason I’m sharing these very personal feelings with you is simple: most of you know this special friend of mine and I know for sure that all of you loved him and appreciated him as much as I did. Because he was one of the nicest, funniest and kindest member of this forum. Probably the most “liked” one, literally and figuratively.
    And one of the most active, too. I’m sure all of you remember his efforts to keep this forum alive. That’s why I asked for his family’s permission to make public this sad event that I’m sure will shock you.
    I thought that maybe in time some of you would notice his absence and ask about him in the Whatever happened to? thread ( ironically it was him who launched this thread ) but I think he really deserves his own thread.
    So let’s just say goodbye to our dear friend whose heart was so big and full of love that gave up beating. He wasn’t religious at all but I’m sure that now he’s somewhere up in the sky smiling to us ( well, in fact his real trademark was his smile. I can’t remember a picture of him where he’s not smiling ) and pointing to his forum signature:

“I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy “

R.I.P. Steveaki13

2. Likes: airshifter (17th October 2020),Bagwan (8th October 2020),cali (13th October 2020),donKey jote (8th October 2020),gm99 (13th October 2020),Jag_Warrior (8th October 2020),pino (7th October 2020),PLuto (8th October 2020),Tazio (14th October 2020)
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    What a very sad news and great lost for the Family and all of us. Steve was a great and funny Person and I had a lot of fun with him, talking about motorsport and football for many years. He also became member of my photography Group and I can tell he also had talent with camera. Indeed he was one of the nicest man I’ve known in here, and I am so sorry and sending my condolences to his Family and Friends...

R.I.P Steve
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

4. Likes: gadjo_dilo (7th October 2020)
    Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    RIP Steve. Very sad, especially as you should have had so many years to live. I hope the place where you are now looks like a neat garden in the English countryside, something that always popped up in my mind, when I thought about you. Missing you, my distant mate.

6. Likes: gadjo_dilo (8th October 2020),pino (9th October 2020)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

It's become so difficult to keep up with our remaining members. But Steve will certainly be missed. I wish his family well and may they have nothing but fond memories of Steve.

R.I.P. Steveaki13
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

8. Likes: gadjo_dilo (8th October 2020),pino (9th October 2020)
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Oh no that’s terrible
    crap crap crap
    United in diversity !!!

10. Likes: gadjo_dilo (9th October 2020),pino (9th October 2020)
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    I've only popped here on the extremely rare occasion, less than 5 times in the last few years. This morning was one such day, and I just saw this...

And had to respond. The news is such a shock. It's just not right at all that this happens to him.

I'm really sorry gadjo, I know you got on really well with Steve. One of my very favourite members when I was here. Very kind, never a cross word really, always enjoyed what he had to say. Had some great moments on here with him and others.

12. Likes: gadjo_dilo (9th October 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    That's very sad news, my condolences!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

14. Likes: gadjo_dilo (13th October 2020)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    I am really saddened to hear this Steve was a great asset to this community and I always enjoyed his Posts on the F1 forum. He will be sorely missed. Godspeed, steveaki13!
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

16. Likes: gadjo_dilo (14th October 2020)
    Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    I am so sorry to hear this. Steve was a tremendous asset to this forum, and an overall really good guy. RIP my man!
    Last edited by Tazio; 14th October 2020 at 15:34.
    May the forza be with you

18. Likes: gadjo_dilo (14th October 2020)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Thanks Steve . You were a good guy .

And , so you all hear it , I appreciate all of you as good friends , though I've never actually met any of you .
    Be safe . Be well .
    And know bagwan is your pal .

20. Likes: airshifter (17th October 2020),donKey jote (15th October 2020),gadjo_dilo (14th October 2020),Tazio (15th October 2020)