Sometimes life is unfair. Damn unfair! And I wish I had never had to write this.

I just heared that one of my best friends passed away. You know, that rare kind of friend that don’t need a facebook notification to wish you happy birthday, because he always remembers the date. Or to ask again and again for your mail address, because he wrote it in his agenda from the beginning. The kind of friend that sends you christmas cards, real cards, that he carefully picks up knowing that you’ll enjoy them, taking care to personalize it with funny drawings dedicated to you. The friend that although he lives miles away surprise you by sending small silly things or a Get well soon card that can bring a smile on your face. That real friend that feels only by reading between the lines that you are sad and is doing his best to cheer you up. And who may sacrifice a part of his time (although “busy” was his trademark) just to watch Eurovision with you every year, despite not being a fan.
I lost this friend and although we weren’t very close lately, it hurts. It hurts like hell and I can’t stop crying.

The reason I’m sharing these very personal feelings with you is simple: most of you know this special friend of mine and I know for sure that all of you loved him and appreciated him as much as I did. Because he was one of the nicest, funniest and kindest member of this forum. Probably the most “liked” one, literally and figuratively.
And one of the most active, too. I’m sure all of you remember his efforts to keep this forum alive. That’s why I asked for his family’s permission to make public this sad event that I’m sure will shock you.
I thought that maybe in time some of you would notice his absence and ask about him in the Whatever happened to? thread ( ironically it was him who launched this thread ) but I think he really deserves his own thread.
So let’s just say goodbye to our dear friend whose heart was so big and full of love that gave up beating. He wasn’t religious at all but I’m sure that now he’s somewhere up in the sky smiling to us ( well, in fact his real trademark was his smile. I can’t remember a picture of him where he’s not smiling ) and pointing to his forum signature:

“I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy “

R.I.P. Steveaki13