Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I thought he might have recovered from that setback given the chance which the engine problem did not incidentally. Bottas had the pace to take the fight squarely to Hamilton. He had very clear faster pace than Hamilton at this race to suggest that he might have found a way back pass Hamilton to win the race.

That said, his tyre management also suggest that he most likely may have finished P2 at best.
    He has the pace in the car but not the... pace in himself, if you understand what I mean. I don't think he has it in him to take the fight to Hamilton or to recover from adversity. Yes, he does show flashes but that's all - flashes. He is never consistent.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

2. Likes: truefan72 (12th October 2020)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    As a Brit, l am immensely proud of what Hamilton has acheived this weekend. It has set such a high standard for future British drivers, as he has taken all previoius british records to completely new heights.

It is a shame that the British media do not celebrate him as they should. it is all very lukewarm in the face of a long list of historic achievements. We acknowledge greatness when we see it, because it is.
    Yeah.
    At least sky F1 had a nice tribute video ready for him.
    But to an extent it was the same for MSC at the time, although for different reasons, while he was racking up the records.
    Its only after some time and with the opportunity of reflection that most will gain an adjusted perspective of the monumental career he has/had.
    Mainly because it will take a long time for the next record breaker to achieve, in all likelihood over 100 wins, over 100 poles, 7 (and possibly 8) WDC's, 160+ podiums, GP win in every year of career, etc.
    The guy (or gal) who might take those records is probably not even an adult yet, and it will take a long time to surpass those figures.
    I honestly thought I would never see MSC's records fall.
    I'm happy to have witnessed both of their careers in their entirety, along with Prost and Senna's and the latter half of Lauda's
    I got into F1 as a young kid when I was enamored by the spectacle that came on, on ORF1 in austria with their legendary announcer Heinz Prüller
    Last edited by truefan72; 12th October 2020 at 18:38.
    you can't argue with results.

4. Likes: gm99 (12th October 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Yeah.
    At last sky F1 had a nice tribute video ready for him.
    But to an extent it was the same for MSC at the time, although for different reasons, while he was racking up the records.
    Its only after some time and with the opportunity of reflection that most will gain an adjusted perspective of the monumental career he has/had.
    Mainly because it will take a long time for the next record breaker to achieve, in all likelihood over 100 wins, over 100 poles, 7 (and possibly 8) WDC's, 160+ podiums, GP win in every year of career, etc.
    The guy (or gal) who might take those records is probably not even an adult yet, and it will take a long time to surpass those figures.
    I honestly thought I would never see MSC's records fall.
    I'm happy to have witnessed both of their careers in their entirety, along with Prost and Senna's and the latter half of Lauda's
    I got into F1 as a young kid when I was enamored by the spectacle that came on, on ORF1 in austria with their legendary announcer Heinz Prüller
    Quite true! To witness Stewart, Lauda, Senna, Prost and Vettel as well was certainly a bonus. There are signs of one or two drivers on the grid with the potential to chase these records down; given a great car. But it is a long road to these dizzy heights set by Schmacher and Hamilton. It would take a consistent and well planned career plus loads of raw talent to reach these levels. But it is doable.

As Michael Schumacher said himself, "Record are there to be broken" . Said as a true titan of racing.

Hamilton was the best decision that Mercedes ever made on their return to F1 racing way back. A decision taken by the combined effort of Niki Lauda, Toto Woolf and Ross Brawn. It is quaint that Hamilton came into Mercedes to replace Michael Schumacher, and went on to use that opportunity to match Schumacher's tally of race wins.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th October 2020 at 18:36.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: truefan72 (12th October 2020)