Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts

Honda quit F1...again!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-bull/4885092/

The Japanese have a hand for quitting just when things start to look good, just like in 2008 where they had a championship-winning car in the pipeline for 2009.

It will be interesting to see who Red Bull will now be turning to (or maybe they will quit F1, too).
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Ba-bye
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    This time they should leave for good and be told that if they leave they will not be returning. I for one as a fan am sick of their yo yo’ing back and forth from F1. They clearly are a manufacturer that is not committed to F1 on any long term basis.

Poor RBR will have to go crying back to Renault 😂😂😂

4. Likes: Tazio (3rd October 2020)
    Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    The rumour now flying is that they are courting Porsche .

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-bull/4885092/

The Japanese have a hand for quitting just when things start to look good, just like in 2008 where they had a championship-winning car in the pipeline for 2009.

It will be interesting to see who Red Bull will now be turning to (or maybe they will quit F1, too).
    Well I don't know what their financial situation is like, but this seems like a poor decision.
    Thery stated that their goal of "winning races" has been accomplished. Bizarre

For RBR's sake i would hope they would find a way to purchase (along with some investors) the honda engine department and rebrand it infinty.
    Then watch them go out and win the 2022 WCC similar to what went down in 2008.
    I'm pretty sure Honda has been working on the 2022 engine as well, so that can be salvaged.

I wonder if RBR knew before they resigned the concorde agreement, and if honda knew already that they were pulling out.
    But RBR already said they are committed and will evaluate their options.

But this is a bit pathetic by honda. the timing could not be worse. the press statement banal, and they just might be shooting themselves in the foot in PR terms.
    Last edited by truefan72; 2nd October 2020 at 21:08.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    The rumour now flying is that they are courting Porsche .
    makes sense, in so far as Porsche simply buying up the honda engine department to start off with.
    we shall see...
    you can't argue with results.

8. Likes: N. Jones (8th October 2020)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    For RBR's sake i would hope they would find a way to purchase (along with some investors) the honda engine department and rebrand it infinty.
    Then watch them go out and win the 2021 WCC similar to what went down in 2008.
    I'm pretty sure Honda has been working on the 2021 engine as well, so that can be salvaged.
    Honda will stay on until the end of the 2021 season, anyway, so at least the pull-out is not quite as sudden as it was in 2008. But I guess there won't be a 2022 engine to salvage.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Well l am not surprised really. I think they are not interested in the new regulations. I always felt the standardization of powertrain components and sharing intellectual property was going to be a sticking point for Honda.

The Exodus has began.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    makes sense, in so far as Porsche simply buying up the honda engine department to start off with.
    we shall see...
    It will depend largely on whether Porsche is interested in the new regulation F1. Porsche has resisted coming into F1 before. Mclaren talked to them when they were moving from Honda, and they were not interested. What is Redbull going to tell them that would make them suddenly interested?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd October 2020 at 10:01.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This time they should leave for good and be told that if they leave they will not be returning. I for one as a fan am sick of their yo yo’ing back and forth from F1. They clearly are a manufacturer that is not committed to F1 on any long term basis.

Poor RBR will have to go crying back to Renault ������
    Not fair to kick Honda for leaving. There are lots of things that they must have taken into consideration. I am sure they are not hard on cash to stop financing their engine programme.

The high numbers of Ferrari ex staff in key FIA nad F1 Management positions is something they would be concerned about. As well as the new regulations coming in 2022. The handling of the Ferrari engine infraction must have been a serious concern to them. Especially when they factor in the punishment of Hamilton in relation to the Ferrari-engine-gate [and all aforementioned things].

This is particularly the case as the new regulations moved alot of power from the teams and concentrate them in the hands of the F1 management, which can be seen to be under the indirect control of Ferrari.

The fact of the matter is, F1 is not very attractive at the moment.

Redbull would have their job cut out, persuading Porsche to join this dodgy looking F1 setup.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd October 2020 at 12:35.
    William Shakespeare