Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
It is irrelevant where Stefano last worked, he was Ferrari f1 team boss for over five seasons, so he is seen very much as a Ferrari man. By the way, Lamborghini use to be owned by Ferrari. So there is a loose link there.

A RBR partnership with Porsche for the long term makes sense. That is if Porsche is interested. I doubt Honda has a problem with Domenicalli personally, there are a number of things that they must have taken into consideration. I have guessed a few. And my guess may be very wrong mind you.

One thing is certain, nobody buys the Honda excuse of wanting to focus in other part of their business. They have the capacity to do F1 and pursue other business areas.
I don't think Ferrari ever owned Lamborghini. Maybe you're thinking of when Chrysler owned them in the 80s/90s? But that was well before the Fiat tie up with bankrupt Chrysler. No matter though. I think you're right. Domenicalli is a Ferrari man, in that he went to work for them straight out of college. But most in the paddock seem to respect him as a straight shooter. I have more faith in him doing a good (read, "unbiased") job with Liberty than I do with Jean Todt being president of the FIA. His super secret punishment for Ferrari's cheater PU says it all, IMO.

And yes, I'm also hoping that RBR can either buy out Honda's engine works, or convince Porsche to come in and partner with them in the project. I think it's a little late in the game to expect Porsche to have a (competitive) standalone PU ready to go by 2022.