Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Here is the 2021 IndyCar Series schedule

"Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

2. Likes: Corky (25th May 2021),gm99 (1st October 2020),joe1888cfc (19th July 2021)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    It's a shame though to see only three ovals for a total of four oval races out of 17.
    I would also have preferred a race at COTA to a second one at the IMS road course.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

5. Likes: Corky (25th May 2021),Jag_Warrior (7th October 2020)
    Yeah, not many ovals next season. Looks more like CART 2.0 than IRL 2.0 - not that that's a bad thing in most respects (), but the schedule does need a better balance with more ovals in the mix. As odd as this may sound coming from me, I was disappointed to hear that the Richmond oval race had been dropped. Apparently NASCAR nosed ICS out of the food dish. My lady friend would have been "cooperative" in going there with me. I haven't been to an AOWR in quite a few years now. And this was the closest one for us to attend.

I haven't heard what happened with COTA. We had a good time at the Austin F1 race. She'd have probably been up for going back there - especially since the access within the Indy Car paddock is typically MUCH better than with F1.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd like to see Milwaukee Mile make a return although I suspect that may not be happening any time soon, or not at all

8. Likes: Jag_Warrior (30th January 2021)

Cool

Yes, so would I. It would be nice if some of us could meet up at the track. I really miss getting to meet and know people I only saw on message boards. Over the years, so many of us have drifted away from this type of racing, or sadly, passed away. We used to get team owners, drivers and even sponsors on this very board. It's hard to believe how much has changed... and not for the better. But at least the series is still alive, and in MUCH better hands than it was before (sorry, it's just in my nature to take a shot at Tony George when I can ).

It's been quite a long time since I've been to an open wheel race. I finally got over my hatred for the IRL, and now want the ICS to succeed. I'd be more than happy to go to a race... ANYWHERE. I'd prefer a natural terrain road course, like Mid-Ohio or Road America over a street race. But a short oval or speedway would be just fine too. Maybe I'll see you there.

10. Likes: gm99 (31st January 2021),Ian French (10th March 2021)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm still hoping that an airport track race might make an appearance