Page 78 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    hmmm, Tänak part is very interesting....

what i mean is that in "Tänak The Movie - The series" they both say they get along really well, just watched that episode yesterday and they got along really well. Ott says that he gets best along with Ogier and Lappi in the series but okay that was back in 2018 and maybe later than everythig changed

There Lappi also says in the beginning that JML is his favourite, but later admitted that Tänak is on the same line or they even get along better as the season went on.

thanks for the interview! very good insights
    Heh I had to listen to this podcast and EP said "I still like Tänak but he wasn't as fair as Ogier. I can't demand the he shares his stuff that's his business but in contrary Ogier was very open minded"

Anyway interesting podcast, really liked it bcs EP was really straightforward and relaxed.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 12th February 2021 at 09:46.

2. Likes: AnttiL (12th February 2021),dimviii (12th February 2021),EstWRC (12th February 2021),TWRC (13th February 2021)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    - Skoda was not a nice team to be in. They were mad if someone had a crash and the bosses were very "hot-headed" always. He would never return to Skoda.
    Charming, when they kind of gave him his break onto the world stage. There are always two sides to every story.. i seem to remember Mirek alluding to Lappi being quite difficult to work with or something along those lines?

- He says that in "village teams" like Toyota and M-Sport you can just develop a new part and try it on, but in big factory teams like Citroen and Skoda, it takes months for the boards to agree on the plan before they can start making anything.
    That doesn’t sound likely? For new cars or new programmes maybe, but new parts? Don’t buy it.

Interesting to hear his thoughts nonetheless.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    - Skoda was not a nice team to be in. They were mad if someone had a crash and the bosses were very "hot-headed" always. He would never return to Skoda.
    First time I hear something like that. Note that during that time (2013-2014) Lappi actually did crash a lot.
    Wonder how he would work with Adamo at Hyundai, specially if he would do something like 2019 first rounds of the season.

- He believes the C3 WRC with 2020 updates would have been a winner car in Rally Finland with the new aero and engine (which they didn't even get to test). In the autumn 2020 tests they were 0.5 s/km faster than the previous tests on the first run already.
    Could be in Finland yes, but Ogier somehow wasn't convinced after the tarmac tests and went to Toyota instead. Guess aero and engine can only change so much if suspension/difs are a problem on tarmac.

5. Likes: AnttiL (12th February 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Charming, when they kind of gave him his break onto the world stage. There are always two sides to every story.. i seem to remember Mirek alluding to Lappi being quite difficult to work with or something along those lines?

That doesn’t sound likely? For new cars or new programmes maybe, but new parts? Don’t buy it.

Interesting to hear his thoughts nonetheless.
    Clearly they were not meant to each other.
    Even Kristian Sohlberg remembered one meeting with Skoda which he describes "unconventional" and anything he'd ever seen in his life. It wasn't only EP.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 12th February 2021 at 13:27.

7. Likes: AnttiL (12th February 2021),dimviii (12th February 2021),TWRC (13th February 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Well Veiby got kicked quite rapidly for that picture a few years ago, which is hardly surprising though.

Maybe Skoda-leadership is or was (all of this is 2-6 years back) a lot about drivers being "employed". On the other hand the interaction between engineers and drivers and the response to driver suggestions seems to work rather well there. I can barely remember any drivers complaining about any setup or handling issues.

All this is completely external speculation from me.

9. Likes: RS (12th February 2021)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-r...wrc-should-be/

An interesting article regarding the past of the WRC through the eyes of David Richards and Yves Matton.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

11. Likes: AndyRAC (12th February 2021),the sniper (12th February 2021)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well Veiby got kicked quite rapidly for that picture a few years ago, which is hardly surprising though.

Maybe Skoda-leadership is or was (all of this is 2-6 years back) a lot about drivers being "employed". On the other hand the interaction between engineers and drivers and the response to driver suggestions seems to work rather well there. I can barely remember any drivers complaining about any setup or handling issues.

All this is completely external speculation from me.
    Yes, well at the end of the day they get results however 'unconventional'

Mikkelsen seems to be pretty happy to keep going back there.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-r...wrc-should-be/

An interesting article regarding the past of the WRC through the eyes of David Richards and Yves Matton.
    No surprise DR changed his tune; it didn't turn out how he expected/ hoped - after what looked quite promising early on. And his 'deputy' at MSUK blames the DR inspired thinking for a lot of the problems in the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

14. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (13th February 2021)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Lappi happy with test role with 2022 car for WRC return:

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...return/5392814

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Mikkelsen seems to be pretty happy to keep going back there.
    Hold on a minute, Mikkelsen car is not runned by Skoda anymore, but by Tocsport. AFAIK there is only 2 or 3 Skoda engineers there helping the team but maybe someone here knows more.

17. Likes: cali (13th February 2021)