Page 21 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/covid...21-wrc-season/ Nothing new here, now just Dirtfish joining the band wagon.
    😅😷

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I'm not saying it's a good situation, but I understand why WRC2 is separated from WRC3. I don't have an easy answer. If we have 20 (or 50 like in Monza) RC2 cars on the start line, how do we decide who gets the onboard camera, and gets to be seen on the TV, when the decision has to be made before we've seen their performance?

The situation you're describing from Monza SS13, where WRC3 cars were skipped, is because Fourmaux had started late. Thus Mikkelsen, Lindholm and Solberg had started before him. For a reason or another Mikkelsen's interview was not shown, but Lindholm's and Solberg's were. They didn't have onboard cameras on those cars, and no land cameras (remember the cameramen were out in the mountains that day and it was dark anyway). Even if they had had one or two land cameras, it couldn't have covered the two minute gap between the cars. Hence the only footage they could show was Fourmaux's onboard (and turbo camera...what will they come up with next?)
    SS15 very similar, except they had fixed cameras and actually showed images from those. For interviews:

WRC2 Tidemand interview
    WRC2 Kopecky nothing (had a puncture)

WRC3 Mikkelsen nothing
    WRC3 Solberg nothing
    WRC3 Lindholm interview (he was very surprised they want him to talk English)

WRC2 Fourmaux interview

Here is how many times WRC3 top 3 and Lindholm got interview during 3 days on a track with crew at stopline and not having to go anywhere:
    Huttunen 1 (PS end, he was put in front of WRCs), Solberg 1, Mikkelsen 0, Lindholm 2

First 3 WRC3 crews ended 6-8 and ahead of all WRC2.

WRC2 get "priority" running order (which is a disadvantage on gravel as Østberg says), one of the reasons is that they get shown more on TV.... but when there is time for WRC3s why "deliberately" skip them when they are running high in overall?
    On top of that in Monza you got the funny situation after many stages where they "end" the allive feed with showing overall standings with WRC2 crews jumping 3-4 places in stage.

3. Likes: RS (15th December 2020)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    WRC3 Lindholm interview (he was very surprised they want him to talk English)

He, Emil was joking with Molly. (who lives in Norway, speaks also swedish)
    They ask on LIVE 1st in english and after that "with your own language"
    Emil is swedish speaking finn, so finnish is his 2nd language.
    I bet they did those stage end interviews many times for press, that SS15 was for LIVE, usually it wasn´t.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

5. Likes: AnttiL (15th December 2020),dimviii (15th December 2020),Rallyper (15th December 2020),steve.mandzij (15th December 2020),Sulland (15th December 2020),the sniper (15th December 2020)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I've explained this a hundred times, the onboard camera/transmitter kits are expensive and they must choose before the rally which cars they put them in. I don't know what kind of a task it would be to start moving the cameras from car to another during night breaks and what kind of regulations it would need (a camera fitting zone or a permission to break parc ferme for working on the cameras?)

And again, the entry fee in WRC2 is higher and in return the teams get TV coverage. WRC3 teams don't pay for the coverage, so they are not getting it.
    Come on.. they can change a clutch or gearbox in 30mins, how difficult can it be to move a camera?

And don’t entry fees go to the FIA and not the promoter?

There must be some better solutions that can be arrived at instead of just thinking of excuses all the time.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Come on.. they can change a clutch or gearbox in 30mins, how difficult can it be to move a camera?
    Not just a camera, it's three cameras with the transmitter, and after installing they likely need to do a test to see that the camera angles are correct and the transmitter is working. I don't know how much time it takes, but like I said there should be a time slot for this operation that wouldn't be away from the normal service. Normally the cameras are installed and removed outside the rally schedule. Would the scrutineers need to also check that the cameras are installed safe?
    And don’t entry fees go to the FIA and not the promoter?
    Well, they are all connected. FIA has a deal with the WRC Promoter.
    There must be some better solutions that can be arrived at instead of just thinking of excuses all the time.
    You can call it an excuse, I call it understanding the reality. Life is happier when you don't complain about everything

It's a bigger problem that WRC2 and WRC3 are separated while the performances are so equal. And like I've said before, if all the drivers would be in the same series, it would be tricky to decide in advance whose car gets the camera (assuming it cannot be moved to another car during the rally).

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    It's a bigger problem that WRC2 and WRC3 are separated while the performances are so equal. And like I've said before, if all the drivers would be in the same series, it would be tricky to decide in advance whose car gets the camera (assuming it cannot be moved to another car during the rally).
    A simple solution, starting order and there's plenty of time between the legs.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Simplest solution would be to run all Rally2/R5 in WRC2 and Rally3 cars in WRC3.

Also to make a WRC4 championship, for Rally4 and 5 cars, where JWRC is incorporeted, but also gets JWRC points according to internal classification.

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    JWRC will be with Rally4 cars in future?

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    JWRC will be with Rally4 cars in future?
    In 20 they used the R2t-19, but i will be very surprized if those cup cars are not upgraded with Rally4 kit for 2021.
    But JWRC will still run by M-Sport Poland with Fieastas.

But we need a 2wd championship, and the the JWRC crews can fight for 2 championships. If others would like to use another brand, where they get a better deal, they should have a title to fight for!
    Last edited by Sulland; 15th December 2020 at 12:22.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Is this another DirtFish article with a silly mistake on the year? It reads like it could be 22, instead of 21. But the headline says different

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/adela...t-wrc-in-2021/

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

13. Likes: T16 (15th December 2020)