Page 137 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1542
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Gaps or no gaps between drivers don´t make rally good/bad.

For me rally is good:
    -stages are different than in other rallies
    -not all stages are similar
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

2. Likes: AnttiL (23rd August 2021),Jarek Z (23rd August 2021),Rallyper (24th August 2021),timlord22 (23rd August 2021),tommeke_B (23rd August 2021),WRC1 (23rd August 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    if you let drive Ogier against Neuville on the motorway between Vienna and Munich it will be also close competition....if it´s exiting i am not so sure...
    Something along these lines...

Monte usually has huge gaps yet it's super exciting. Cause bad tyrechoice or just setup or even "feeling" in some icy section can turn everything around.

In Ypres you got for the most part 5s gains between drivers per day of rallying. So 10s gaps were "no chance to ever catch" level.
    So the numbers "lie" about the excitment.

4. Likes: Fredouye (24th August 2021),Jarek Z (23rd August 2021),pantealex (23rd August 2021),WRC1 (23rd August 2021)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I raised this point also after Arctic and it's the same for Ypres.

I prefer when organizers put different road types to different stages instead of "mixed" stage.
    Say you make one stage with wide or fast road and next with narrow or twisty instead of two stages that are 50% of both.

Yes it's likely harder to make a route like that, but IMO organizers should try if possible.

6. Likes: WRC1 (23rd August 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    For me rally is good:
    -stages are different than in other rallies
    Agree 100%
    Last edited by AnttiL; 23rd August 2021 at 18:42.

8. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2021)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    I gues we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I'm not watching rally for the scenery but for the race. But thats des gouts et des couleurs i believe.

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

I'm not watching rally for the scenery but for the race. But thats des gouts et des couleurs i believe.
    Perhaps it depends on whether you are watching the rally on the stages or watching live results at home?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I raised this point also after Arctic and it's the same for Ypres.

I prefer when organizers put different road types to different stages instead of "mixed" stage.
    Say you make one stage with wide or fast road and next with narrow or twisty instead of two stages that are 50% of both.

Yes it's likely harder to make a route like that, but IMO organizers should try if possible.
    I would say Arctic had fairly different stages especially considering how few stages the rally had. Basically three of the stages were typical Arctic Rally, very fast with occasional technical bits. Then the opening stage was like a mix of Jyväskylä jumps, fast Arctic and a long technical section, and the Saturday opening stage was really slow and technical. Of course, snow tends to blur the differences of the roads, in snow rallies the conditions vary from year to another.

In Ypres it's like a completely different thing. For example SS1 was 15 km long and was comprised of 15 different roads (a few of them were used twice during the stage). The surfaces, widths and characteristics change all the time. It's fast at the same time but also technical with the frequent junction turns. So it's very unique and different to any other rally. The downside is that all stages are similar with each other, with just more emphasis on different things.

I also like it when stages have their own "jobs", like fast/slow, long/short, straightforward/technical, rough/smooth, but there's also many permutations available, and that makes it beautiful. Sometimes you may have one stage that differs from the others like Kizlan in Turkey which was a fast and smooth stage compared to the slow and rough stages.

You have some rallies which are the same stage all the way through like Mexico (except for the super specials) and sometimes you have rallies which are like many rallies in one (Argentina, Deutschland, Ypres with Spa).
    Last edited by AnttiL; 23rd August 2021 at 19:31.

12. Likes: cali (24th August 2021),pantealex (24th August 2021),wildboar (24th August 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

I mean, of course I always enjoy a great fight. But we're talking about characteristics of different rallies and stages. You can tell when an onboard of a stage is boring to watch or not, even when it's outside the race circumstances. I also try to think what's enjoyable, challenging or interesting for a driver.

14. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    FIA Presidential candidate Mohammed ben Sulayem has launched a report and comprehensive plan to increase diversity, access and inclusion in global motorsport.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...to_motorsport/

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    FIA Presidential candidate Mohammed ben Sulayem has launched a report and comprehensive plan to increase diversity, access and inclusion in global motorsport.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...to_motorsport/
    I live for the day we see images like these in WRC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PYzaHDirXg