Page 120 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1542
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Can see that happening. Hopefully if they run Monzo again, we spend 2 full days up in the mountains - or only run a stage or two at the track at the end of a days rallying etc.
    yep. would be the best way

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Can see that happening. Hopefully if they run Monzo again, we spend 2 full days up in the mountains - or only run a stage or two at the track at the end of a days rallying etc.
    The rules of the fia state that a world championship has to visit 3 continents.
    So if they don't go to japan and kenya they might not be able to award a world title.

But then again, the fia has proven last years that their rules have no actual meaning.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Covid is very valid reason for not going to some locations.

Do we have 3 safe continents ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

4. Likes: Eli (25th June 2021),Rallyper (21st June 2021),satnav (24th June 2021),seb_sh (23rd June 2021)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    So Toyota to keep the same driver lineup according to David Evans for 2022, which we all totally expected. Only question mark is whether Ogier does a half season with Lappi, or Seb does the whole year.

Leaves Msport without a top driver - having not being able to attract any of the big 4 Malcolm talked about.

With Fourmaux staying at Msport, Greensmith remaining (if he pays), leaves the likes of Mikkelsen/Suninen/ Lappi (if Ogier stays for another full year) and possibly Breen in trouble for a seat, depending on what happens at Hyundai.

Got a slight worry Msport will just go with whatever driver can bring some budget out of that lot now - which could help Mikkelsen who has spoken about being able to bring some finance. Would be a shame if they did that, considering there was money there to potentially pay millions for a top driver.

I would love to see a 3 car team at Msport with 2 of Breen/Lappi/ Mikkelsen alongside Fourmaux, with Greensmith in a 4th car. That would be a nice team, but highly doubt that'll happen now.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Wait a minute, I thought Ford were improving their backing/ commitment to M-Sport? The proof will be what drivers they have.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Got a slight worry Msport will just go with whatever driver can bring some budget out of that lot now - which could help Mikkelsen who has spoken about being able to bring some finance. Would be a shame if they did that, considering there was money there to potentially pay millions for a top driver.

I would love to see a 3 car team at Msport with 2 of Breen/Lappi/ Mikkelsen alongside Fourmaux, with Greensmith in a 4th car. That would be a nice team, but highly doubt that'll happen now.
    Dream team at this point would indeed be Lappi, Mikkelsen and Fourmaux + Greensmith in 4th. (Breen still hasn't shown decent results on anything but fast gravel/snow, but it is true he did not have many opportunities).

But I agree with you that it's more likely Fourmaux+Greensmith + one that brings most money out of those 4 (Lappi, Mikkelsen, Breen, Suninen).

I terms of money it probably is Suninen>Mikkelsen>Lappi>Breen, but that's just guessing.

8. Likes: er88 (22nd June 2021)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Latvala: Small possibility Ogier will do full 2022 WRC season

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/l...2-wrc/6596811/

10. Likes: Eli (25th June 2021),Portimao (23rd June 2021),the sniper (24th June 2021),WRC1 (23rd June 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    WRC: Hyundai separates from team manager Alain Penasse

After rebuilding a team for Hyundai's return to the World Rally Championship, after 8 years of collaboration, after 2 World Championship titles with manufacturers, Hyundai Motorsport has decided to do without the services of Alain Penasse, the team. team manager.

It was after concluding negotiations for the new Neuville and Tanak contracts a few weeks ago that Alain Penasse learned that he was no longer part of the plans of the South Korean structure:

"I was surprised by this decision, I didn't expect it. It's a management choice in South Korea. Now I know it's the kind of job that can't last forever."

It has been decided that Alain Penasse will step down after the next Rally Estonia which will take place in mid-July.

At this time, the name of his successor is not known.

Alain Penasse has more than 30 years of experience in motorsport, in rallying in particular, relationships, contacts, issues that he knows like the back of his hand. His departure is a loss for the structure based in Alzenau but also for Thierry Neuville who sees an ally leave, a person who has always supported him:

"My best memory is when Thierry was leading the Monte-Carlo in 2017, we finally had a car that was able to beat the others. I enjoyed working with Michel Nandan and Andrea Adamo, two completely different personalities. but with whom the flow was going well. I had wonderful years, I had fun and I realized a childhood dream by working in a top team "

The team manager adventure at Hyundai will therefore come to an end in a few weeks for Alain Penasse, the team manager does not yet know what his future will be like but passionate as he is, we should very quickly see him working in the world of motorsport. .

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...se?id=10791283

Well in a way he is not really needed for next year or so. They are set with Tanak, Neuville and also Solberg has some contract for next year. The only real question is how they set up Solberg/Breen/Sordo combination or if they loose one of them.

Still since it's so unexpected is there some
    other reason too? I can only think of two issues:

- Delayed new I20 development (but he likely doesn't have much to do with that?)

- Redgrey operation and sales... after a grand opening as a "factory" team at start of 2020 they are now basically invisible. Gryazin left after terrible season and is immediatelly competetive in a Polo. Veiby that surely was paying got himself suspended and no new paying drivers seem interested. This is likely to change with new car off course. At the same time Huttunen has been quite consistently beating the RedGrey team drivers while running with KOWAX from CZ, already since Sweden 2020. But again how much has Penasse to do with all this?

Forgot to add that it seems Solberg is basically being denied starts with RedGrey. (still don't get why he didn't drive in Croatia even out of WRC2 points, especially after doing the testing rally in Italy just before).