Page 74 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    To be honest, it doesn't bother me too much; as long as you get good competition. Which might be an issue.....

The new Toyota Hypercar is slower than the older TS050 LMP1 car.... that doesn't bother me either. However, they will be getting the manufacturers to make it work.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (10th February 2021),AnttiL (10th February 2021),doubled1978 (10th February 2021),pantealex (10th February 2021)
    Liked 2,117 Times in 916 Posts
    ,,We need new cars! They have to attract new manus and should be cheaper!''

,,Oh, let's make new cars that are slower, heavier, technically more complicated and still very expensive!''

So, at the end a little buffed up R5s would be as fast as new hybrids..?

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Great place! Love it and will try to go back there. So far my favourite rally.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Version with Lloret de Mar was better

5. Likes: AndyRAC (10th February 2021),pantealex (10th February 2021),Rally Hokkaido (10th February 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Version with Lloret de Mar was better
    Never been there so I can only take your word for it. But I have really enjoyed my time in Salou and Rally RACC

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    ,,We need new cars! They have to attract new manus and should be cheaper!''

,,Oh, let's make new cars that are slower, heavier, technically more complicated and still very expensive!''

So, at the end a little buffed up R5s would be as fast as new hybrids..?
    They could have made Rally1 cars even faster than current WRC cars if they wanted. But they decided to take some things back to cut costs (and to reduce the speed). I believe the cars will look more spectacular with no active centre diff and less suspension travel but the same amount of power as now.

8. Likes: pantealex (10th February 2021)
    Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Have the WRC ever talked about a budget cap as they are introducing in F1? I can’t say I have heard anything, but I might have missed it.
    A lot of the other big series are either targeting the overall expenditure or designing the regulations so it’s impossible to out develop the competition (Balance of Performance), so the need to do so is removed.
    I don’t know what Hyundai and Toyota spend, but I’ve seen figures anywhere between €50m and €100m a season talked about, which is a lot. If there was an overall budget cap of say €30m, do you think it would encourage more people to enter?

10. Likes: cali (10th February 2021)
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    F1 has an budget cap but a $200 million entry fee for new teams to make it "special" they might ditch for the new Monaco based team that wants to enter though

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    They could have made Rally1 cars even faster than current WRC cars if they wanted. But they decided to take some things back to cut costs (and to reduce the speed). I believe the cars will look more spectacular with no active centre diff and less suspension travel but the same amount of power as now.
    Active center diffs maybe, but how will less suspension travel by more exciting, they'll just have to be more careful over jumps.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flykas View Post
    Active center diffs maybe, but how will less suspension travel by more exciting, they'll just have to be more careful over jumps.
    They cannot just go flat out over every jump, but instead try to find the limit where the car is still controllable at the landing, and sometimes overshooting, resulting in rebounds. And possibly this affects cutting corners as well?

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    They cannot just go flat out over every jump, but instead try to find the limit where the car is still controllable at the landing, and sometimes overshooting, resulting in rebounds. And possibly this affects cutting corners as well?
    ill never judge before i see the cars first, but reading this i somehow had flasbacks how i saw Al Quassimi driving against the TOP guys at rally finland.

simply saying, very slow and boring
    Last edited by EstWRC; 10th February 2021 at 11:20.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -