Page 106 of 155 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1542
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    My first concern with Tänak going to Hyundai was that the car is difficult on tarmac. This problem will go away for next year since the car will be a completely new one (not just current car with hybrid unit).

My second concern was how Neuville and Tänak will get along with both trying to be driver #1. So far there hasn't been issues, but then again last year's title fight was between Evans and Ogier. How would the atmosphere change in the team if Tänak would have to start giving points to Neuville come the end of the year? But again, Toyota also has two title contenders, so it's the same in both teams.

2. Likes: cali (6th May 2021),meh (6th May 2021),pantealex (7th May 2021)
    Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Now it remains to be seen as if Lappi and Ogier will share 3rd car, Mikkelsen to MSport, fight between Fourmaux and Suninen to the 2nd car at Msport , how will Hyundai solve the 3rd car roulette?

My guess:

Lappi and Ogier share 3rd car...unless Ogier wins his 8th Championship (which is very likely!) and decides to go after Loeb's record

If Sordo decides to continue (and he keeps his pace) Breen will be dropped by Adamo, Oliver and Dani share 3rd car

MSport - Mikkelsen and Fourmaux, Suninen will have the 3rd car when available

Well...the Silly Season isn't completely dead after all
    LAppi?! Really....?

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    LAppi?! Really....?
    That's from JML, he's given statements that he would like to bring Lappi back to the team. Now with Tommi and Mia gone it's very likely.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

5. Likes: AnttiL (6th May 2021),pantealex (7th May 2021)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Hyundai state 'Multi-year deals' - why dont they give the exact duration of the contracts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Hyundai state 'Multi-year deals' - why dont they give the exact duration of the contracts ?
    Maybe the details are not yet confirmed or have a some sort of condition? I read on twitter it would be 2+1

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (6th May 2021)
    Liked 400 Times in 266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Neuville signed a three year deal

10. Likes: cali (6th May 2021),Fast Eddie WRC (6th May 2021)
    That's from JML, he's given statements that he would like to bring Lappi back to the team. Now with Tommi and Mia gone it's very likely.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    I think it was that JML told Finnish media that Ogier is interested in a half season. Then the media asked if Lappi would be a good pair for the other half, and he said something like "possibly".

I don't think Katsuta would yet be on the level of that job.

12. Likes: cali (6th May 2021),pantealex (7th May 2021)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    I think Breen needs a full season now for his sake, so I'm sure he might talk to Malcolm if Hyundai can't give him that

Sordo and Solberg would be a decent pairing for the 3rd car, although maybe Adamo will think it's a year too early and try to keep Breen.

Mikkelsen's only option i guess is Msport. Malcolm was asked about signing Mikkelsen, and went off on a tangent saying he wanted one of Ogier, Evans, Tanak or Neuville, but would keep an eye on Mikkelsen in wrc2 this season. But now with the big 4 pretty much nailed on to remain where they are, Mikkelsen's position is strengthened (especially if he has some funding too).

Fourmaux nailed on at Msport, and Suninen really needs a strong rest of 2021.

14. Likes: Rallyper (6th May 2021)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    My guess:

Lappi and Ogier share 3rd car...unless Ogier wins his 8th Championship (which is very likely!) and decides to go after Loeb's record

If Sordo decides to continue (and he keeps his pace) Breen will be dropped by Adamo, Oliver and Dani share 3rd car

MSport - Mikkelsen and Fourmaux, Suninen will have the 3rd car when available

Well...the Silly Season isn't completely dead after all
    Right now I'd agree it looks like something like this, though I am not very sure about Lappi at Toyota tbh. He was driving with the team for a while and after the awesome start it kind of went downwards only, while the car improved.

However, we are only at start of May so a lot can change. For example if Breen does well on a few rallies (that are not fast gravel) or how the Rally2 contenders compare over some rallies (Mikkelsen, Lappi, Suninen, Huttunen, Østberg).

It is entirely logical that both teams and drivers want to sign up early for 20222 car development. Right now this puts MSport in a bad position with less to choose at the same time it also gives them a chance to sign people early.

16. Likes: AnttiL (6th May 2021),cali (6th May 2021)
    Liked 177 Times in 76 Posts

What about the idea of Ogier doing half a season with Malcom ? They go along very well and it wil be a level playing field .... Malcolm is probably more interested in wins rather than championships (given the cost of going all in)

18. Likes: cali (6th May 2021)