Page 39 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Entry for Monte closed almost month ago...

Reveal of entry-list is next Monday.
    Ok the 'entry' was made, but their drivers were not entered yet and MSport had special dispensation.

2. Likes: pantealex (5th January 2021)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcrally View Post
    More info about WRC event in Rovaniemi is expected on Thursday. WRC 2021 season could start from Finland.
    The organizer opened up possibility for WRC cars to sign up until friday this week, emotorsport.se wrote. So lets see if we get a winter rally in Finland.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    The organizer opened up possibility for WRC cars to sign up until friday this week, emotorsport.se wrote. So lets see if we get a winter rally in Finland.
    The entry thing is about the national Arctic Rally in January. If the WRC event comes it is run in February

5. Likes: pantealex (6th January 2021)
    Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts
    WRC 2021 line-up

Toyota:
    Ogier
    Rovanperä
    Evans
    Katsuta

Hyundai:
    Tänak
    Neuville
    Sordo/Breen

Hyundai team 2C:
    Loubet

M-Sport:
    Greensmith
    Suninen/Formaux
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    wrc_tv_italy

MATTON CONFIDENT ON MONTECARLO

Yves Matton, director of the FIA rally commission, expressed optimism about the Monte Carlo rally:

"There are no guarantees due to Covid-19, but, at the moment, we can be confident that the Monte Carlo Rally will start"

"There will be constraints and changes, even at the last moment, but if we manage to make an event like this, then we can get more and more races during the year, although obviously sorry that the Rally of Sweden cannot take place."

“With the World Rally Championship, we have considered not having races outside of Europe before the second half of the year, reducing the number of rallies in the interest of the current situation that the manufacturers have to face, in the same period. in which they must also develop the new cars for 2022 ”.
    Talk about wishful thinking ... There is nothing here that is solid and reliable ... Matton is clearly out of his game and running afteer the ball instead of controling the play (but dies FIA has leverage or is it the promoter ? )

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Oliver first testing hyundai r5 at snow
    https://twitter.com/OliverSolberg01/...79737965248518

Liked 5,565 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The entry thing is about the national Arctic Rally in January. If the WRC event comes it is run in February
    Arctic Rally without numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5. Maybe some news soon?

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries...nd-rally-2021/

10. Likes: pantealex (6th January 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    Entries for class 6 (WRC cars) are opened again. Deadline is Friday, 6 pm. Tomorrow we should know more...

12. Likes: pantealex (6th January 2021)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    interview with Fourmaux.

A.Fourmaux: "Be efficient everywhere"

After this announcement, we were able to reach Adrien to discuss this fabulous program.
    It's done, we finally know your program for 2021! I hope you haven't waited as long as we have to know him.

“No, I've known that for a while, but seeing the ad on the networks is bound to be reassuring.

The only change was hearing that we wouldn't have the WRC at Monte Carlo, that changed late. It's a rally that is close to my heart, it would have been a dream to do it with the WRC but to be at the start with the R5 is already magic. "
    Wasn't it long enough to wait for your program to be confirmed?

“We know you have to be patient in this sport. It has been under discussion for a long time, but until it's official, we wait. It must have been a bit long, but it's done now, and that's the main thing. "
    After Monte-Carlo, do you have any idea of ​​your schedule between WRC and WRC-2 events?

“We haven't chosen the program yet. Choosing between gaining WRC experience and going for the WRC2 title is not going to be easy. I think the Monte-Carlo result can also help to see things more clearly.

It’s good to have a WRC2 title but if it’s playing the grocer, I don’t really like it, although M-Sport is bound to expect big results in this championship. I find it would be more interesting to be successful all over the place using my experience to good effect. For example, I can see myself at the start of Portugal in WRC2 on an event that I do not know, then with the WRC in Sardinia where I have experience and where I could also benefit from an interesting starting order. .

Afterwards, if I have to ride in Croatia and Japan for example with the WRC, I won't complain! "
    Do you have any idea how many events you are going to compete in?

“The goal is to do all the rallies this year… so that I have as much experience as possible and prepare for the future. In WRC2, up to 7 events can be done, 6 of which will be used for the points calculation. "
    What is the preparation planned for the Monte-Carlo?

“If all goes well, I will have two testing days next week to prepare for the rally. A dry day and another more snow / ice. It’s really ideal for this event, a bit like preparing for Spain with two surfaces to test (dirt and asphalt). "
    Who are the partners who will follow you in 2021?

“I'm really happy to still have my partners from the North, in addition to Yacco and the FFSA. Michelin can unfortunately no longer be involved with us. "
    How did you experience this offseason?

“It was important to cut between the two seasons and take advantage of my loved ones. I also took the air with a mountain internship to make energy and produce blood cells!

I also took advantage of this time to do quite a bit of sport. Even though I don't have a personal coach in this area, I don't necessarily feel the need to be supervised more than currently, and besides, I don't necessarily have the financial resources for that. I am already very well surrounded with in particular Nicolas Bernardi and the management of the France team. "
    Have you already mentioned 2022 and more precisely the possibility of developing the Ford hybrid?

“Yes, I am in discussions with M-Sport to test drive the 2022. I would really like to be a part of this hybrid era. I still haven't seen the car but only a few drafts. When the time is right, I'll see more! "
    By Julien R.

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/a-fourma...JNBlqC887uggRs

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Does this mean he will drive on Pirelli in WRC2 or just that Michelin won't be sponsoring him with money/tires?

Anyway, he certainly doesn't lack confidence when talking about speed on starts in WRC this year. What does he think he would achieve?

Also interesting how he is seemingly negative about WRC2 starts. I mean this guy has so far in his career won a single rally in R5 with good competition (Canarias). Might be translation issue... or it might be he acts like a properly French guy