Page 145 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1542
    Liked 2,090 Times in 903 Posts
    He has said that, the power of wrc car isn't something new or extraordinary to him as he has driven a lot more powerful cars, BUT such aero is new and diffrrent thing.

So I wouldn't cross him of before the event.. or be bitter why he gets to drive wrc..

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Clearly Adamo is fast tracking him into the main team and sees Solberg as the future. Autosport claiming Adamo told Breen he couldn't offer him a full season, so.....

I'd now be surpised if Solberg/ Sordo sharing the 3rd car doesn't happen now. I guess unless Oliver has an absolute disaster in the last few rallies.
    Problem is that he is trying it 2 years earlier than Rovanpera.

It all seems to be caused by his "need" to do something when Hyundai does a bad rally. He said it directly himself after Monte and now it's same story again.

In 2020 Toyota lost manu title while 1-2 in drivers because new Rovanpera couldn't match points of Sordo+Loeb+Breen.
    If Adamo thinks Sordo (who is meh lately) and Solberg will match points of Ogier+Lappi with road position advantage he is nuts.

3. Likes: Eli (13th September 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    He has said that, the power of wrc car isn't something new or extraordinary to him as he has driven a lot more powerful cars, BUT such aero is new and diffrrent thing.

So I wouldn't cross him of before the event.. or be bitter why he gets to drive wrc..
    I think he can have good stage times on Spain, maybe even good result... and it will be at best a side step in his career.

Next years cars don't have same aero and don't have center diff so what's the point of learning current ones?

His problem so far this year has never been not driving fast enough with powerfull car. Instead it was driving too fast and/or unprecise with just about any car.

I want him to do well and progress, this season he hasn't progressed much, hasn't learnt rallies (hard to do retiring after 2-3 stages) and hasn't had much seattime either.

5. Likes: AnttiL (13th September 2021),dimviii (13th September 2021),Eli (13th September 2021),Mirek (14th September 2021),pantealex (14th September 2021),steve.mandzij (13th September 2021)
    Sunninen in i20 Rally2 in Spain is great for all sides involved and certainly good news after "only" going to Finland in Rally2.

He can try different car, compare with Huttunen, and show himself to Hyundai (for part-time seat in Rally1 or fulltime Rally2 next year).

Note that Gryazins disaster performance in Greece certainly put Suninen in different light given his performance in Portugal in similar conditions. His main problem is how he did in WRC vs other MSport drivers.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] News & Rumours 2021

I can only assume Oliver pays for driving WRC car. Craig doesn’t. That’s the difference.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 14th September 2021 at 13:41.

8. Likes: pantealex (14th September 2021)
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    To me the latest news are more small hints that Breen is going to MSport. Otherwise it seems Hyundai is a shit show, I think Adamo won't see the end of the year in charge.
    From watching the interview that EstWRC posted in the rally acropolis thread, Adamo seemed kind of deflated and as if he's already been given the nod for his due date at Hyundai Motorsport. So I imagine, any decsions that's been taken from now onwards is from higher up the brass, and Adamo is just there to prepare the team for next year and nothing more. Just speculation of course but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll hear soon enough that he's out.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    ???????? He got a good result in Arctic despite spinning a bunch of times and going into a lot of snowbanks which he was lucky to get out of, and retired on the first stage of the Safari. Where is this "way better" you speak of?

Oliver needs a solid program in WRC2 driving a single car for an entire season, at least. He's not learning neither the rallies nor the cars (every other event he's driving something else) he's driving, and at this rate the best case scenario is that this will have been a lost year of development.
    Sorry I forgot Safari but he did well in Italian "village" rally...

so "way" was too much, only better with WRC.

I agree with you that full season with Rally2 is best option.
    He is 1y younger than Kalle but he has to accept that he isn´t going to be youngest WRC winner.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (14th September 2021)
    Liked 487 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    He is 1y younger than Kalle but he has to accept that he isn´t going to be youngest WRC winner.
    But how about his dad? They are aiming high, but it´s not so easy. Have to admire their passion for rallying and without the doubt Oliver has talent, but there is no shortcut to the top of the WRC...

13. Likes: pantealex (14th September 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    There must also be some synergy between Oliver "upgrading" to a WRC car after Suninen bought the WRC2 seat for Catalunya.

15. Likes: pantealex (14th September 2021)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    first we'll have to see if he ever is going to be even a contender for a win.

17. Likes: pantealex (14th September 2021),TWRC (16th September 2021)