Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1123
  1. #1021
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,464
    Like
    15,390
    Liked 1,860 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not sure if situation in September will be better...
    No one is.

    Last 5 days there has been totally only 1 (one) C19 case in Jyväskylä but there could be 0 or 1000 in September.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  2. #1022
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,122
    Like
    6,190
    Liked 7,585 Times in 3,333 Posts
    There's many factors:
    - How many will be vaccinated by then
    - Will there be new mutations
    - Will the number of cases go down again during the summer
    - Will they go up again by October
    - What happens when people go on summer vacations and then return to work/school/kindergarten

    But as of now the organizers had no chance but to cancel altogether or postpone and hope for the best. Probably also extra time needed to find new title sponsor...

  3. #1023
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,122
    Like
    6,190
    Liked 7,585 Times in 3,333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    How come normal Rally Finland cant run on the same basis.
    When you run a rally on snow roads, there's not much damage on the roads. A gravel rally needs an expensive road repair. That's one of the main reasons why Arctic Rally Finland was able to be organized without spectators.

  4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (21st April 2021),Morte66 (21st April 2021),pantealex (20th April 2021)
  5. #1024
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    19
    Like
    26
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
    I guess there's even a slight chance that there could be some snow in Jyvaskyla in late September - early October. Or not?

  6. #1025
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,697
    Like
    739
    Liked 1,188 Times in 366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berke View Post
    I guess there's even a slight chance that there could be some snow in Jyvaskyla in late September - early October. Or not?
    It can snow any day of the year, if so. If it snows, it'd melt right the second it touches the ground. The first snow, which definition is 1 cm of snow at 9AM, happens on October 28 on average in Jyväskylä, later in the South.

    Normally early October is good outdoors weather with early mornings +0 to +6 degrees and afternoon around +12 to +20 degrees. If it's sunny, it's perfect for spectating rallying, because not being too cold nor too warm. If it rains, it's just as annoying as rain is on any other time of the year.
    Lue: rallirinki.net | Katso: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Seuraa: @HartusvuoriWRC

  7. Likes: AnttiL (21st April 2021),Berke (21st April 2021),Jeppe (22nd April 2021),pantealex (21st April 2021),Rallyper (21st April 2021),the sniper (21st April 2021)
  8. #1026
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,464
    Like
    15,390
    Liked 1,860 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    It can snow any day of the year, if so. If it snows, it'd melt right the second it touches the ground. The first snow, which definition is 1 cm of snow at 9AM, happens on October 28 on average in Jyväskylä, later in the South.

    Normally early October is good outdoors weather with early mornings +0 to +6 degrees and afternoon around +12 to +20 degrees. If it's sunny, it's perfect for spectating rallying, because not being too cold nor too warm. If it rains, it's just as annoying as rain is on any other time of the year.
    + no mosquitos
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  9. Likes: AnttiL (21st April 2021),Berke (21st April 2021),kure91 (25th April 2021),Mirek (21st April 2021),Rallyper (21st April 2021),satnav (22nd April 2021),sindroms (21st April 2021)
  10. #1027
    Senior Member Rallyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Östhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    6,594
    Like
    4,127
    Liked 2,074 Times in 1,222 Posts
    Last round of Ralli SM use to go at that time. Been spectating it and weather is perfect for rallying in late September.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  11. Likes: pantealex (21st April 2021)
  12. #1028
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,464
    Like
    15,390
    Liked 1,860 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Last round of Ralli SM use to go at that time. Been spectating it and weather is perfect for rallying in late September.
    also this year last round was scheduled to this September-October weekend. It will be probably held one week before WRC event, perfect test rally maybe ? (roads types are different)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  13. #1029
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    403
    Like
    526
    Liked 67 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    also this year last round was scheduled to this September-October weekend. It will be probably held one week before WRC event, perfect test rally maybe ? (roads types are different)
    Yes, it´s already rescheduled to week before than WRC. Nice idea for big boys testing but let´s see is it too near the main event..?
    Once it pop´s, you can´t stop...

  14. #1030
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    7,122
    Like
    6,190
    Liked 7,585 Times in 3,333 Posts
    Latvala said to Finnish media that Ogier is interested in doing a half season in 2022.

    https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11896332

  15. Likes: EstWRC (22nd April 2021),pantealex (22nd April 2021)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •