Page 54 of 155 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    At that level this is quite comical amount, even for an increase

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Even the mechanics must be making more than that 😂😂

2. Likes: cali (15th January 2021),dimviii (15th January 2021),Essaj (15th January 2021),EstWRC (15th January 2021)
    Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
    if its agreement with driver- who know might they try hiding some tax with that salary...
    Last edited by bwallace; 15th January 2021 at 14:50.

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    At that level this is quite comical amount, even for an increase

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Yes it is, but honestly none of this makes much sense from the outside...the money talked about, the timing, the manor in which it was conducted..it’s all bizarre.

5. Likes: cali (15th January 2021)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: Portimao (15th January 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Gilsoul
    -----------------------

Good morning all,

As you can imagine, my phone hasn't stopped ringing since the news broke this morning: Thierry and I will no longer be teaming up this season.

What to say ? We shared unique moments, like this first victory in Germany, our successes in Sardinia, Sweden, Argentina, Monte Carlo, ... immense joys, disappointments, passages 'to the limit', jumps, outings , in short, emotions that only the WRC can provide. This is what I will remember from these years together.

561 / 5000
    Αποτελέσματα μετάφρασης
    Sometimes in a relationship the end is a bit abrupt, but every day I see how lucky I am to live off my passion and first of all I would like to wish Thierry and Martijn the best for this season. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the Hyundai team, I wish you many more World Champion titles!

Thank you all for your countless tokens of sympathy, and I say to you soon… I do not intend to sit very long behind my desk, my favorite seat being the one on the right, in the car.

Nicolas.

https://mailchi.mp/nicolasgilsoul/ch...p?e=f437914153

9. Likes: AnttiL (15th January 2021),cali (15th January 2021),Rally Hokkaido (16th January 2021),RS (15th January 2021),[RMC]Pip (15th January 2021)
    Rally: the rupture between Neuville and Gilsoul was to be feared, but not now!

Thierry Neuville has chosen to separate from Nicolas Gilsoul one week from Monte-Carlo. A madness !

The 2021 World Rally Championship has not yet started - it will be next week at Monte-Carlo - that Thierry Neuville has already sounded the first bomb by announcing his divorce from Nicolas Gilsoul! A time bomb, in fact, as we know that the good relationship between the two men was above all facade. For many years now, it has been understood that the duo functioned like two work colleagues, admittedly seated closely in the same office, but without sharing their passion there with intensity. No mistake: their relationship was good. But there was not the slightest warmth, the slightest connivance, despite the good image both of them were trying somehow to give him.
    Like Ogier and Ingrassia, but ...

They are not the only ones: Sébastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia, for example, are no different. Or on the contrary, they are so different from each other that their approach to life is simply not compatible. The only common ground they found themselves on was rallying. With one playing the role of pilot and the other that of co-pilot. Point bar. It may seem weird, but it still works: 7 world championship titles won together!

Thierry Neuville and Nicolas Gilsoul are not there. Or rather, Thierry Neuville and Nicolas Gilsoul are still not there! And we know that the quest for this (first) world title has obsessed them for years! This obsession is the ground on which must, or henceforth should, develop their relationship. With all that it suggests in frustration and unsaid in the face of what has inevitably become a repeat of failures.

But it wasn't just that. Starting with the perception that each had of the role played by the other, and the importance they were willing to give it, or not. And at the heart of the couple, of course, the money - a lot of money - supposed to be there to reward the merits of each one, except that only Thierry Neuville (the pilot is paid by his team, and pays his co-pilot then) was there to judge!
    Famous baptism for Wydhaeghe

Ten years, however, that this still wobbly relationship worked. Or seemed to work. With the result, 13 World Cup victories, five vice-world "titles", and above all a team image fully recognized at the top of the world rally. But once the office lights were out, these existential questions remained which were sure to take over ...

Ten times, fifteen times, twenty times, or maybe more, the couple could - should have! - succumb to it. On the occasion of a deviation from the road, a mistake in notes, a missed opportunity, a heated negotiation, a difference of opinion. And yet, the couple resisted to the point of attacking their eleventh season together, next week at Monte Carlo.

It will not be, then. And while we now wonder what could have caused such brutality in this decision, we can only wonder at the timing of it. A priori, there was no worse time to take it! On Monday, the Monte-Carlo reconnaissance will begin, and Martijn Wydaeghe (28) - who has already co-piloted Guillaume De Mévius, Craig Breen or Kevin Abbring - will therefore find himself alongside one of the three best rally drivers in the world to discover a system of notes, take them well, and agree - in French, with that little hint of Dutch which is his native language - on how to "sing" them to Thierry Neuville! And this at the start of the most delicate rally of the season in this area! Famous baptism!
    Years of work!

At all times, but even more so in recent years, with the emergence of the new hyper-fast WRCs in particular, ratings have always been at the heart of the symbiosis that could exist between a driver and his co-driver. For years - years! -, Neuville and Gilsoul, like their peers, made changes and details that allowed them to tackle the winding roads of the World Cup in depth without apprehension. And safe.

Will this still be the case next Thursday, when Thierry Neuville pushes the envelope at the start of the first Monte-Carlo special, without having been able to settle during the shake-down - this test special which was canceled in margin of this first test of the year? We can of course doubt it. What we do not doubt, however, is that if the performances are not there, Thierry Neuville will have an additional argument to explain it.

https://www.lesoir.be/349098/article...pas-maintenant

11. Likes: AnttiL (15th January 2021),cali (15th January 2021),EstWRC (15th January 2021),Fredouye (15th January 2021),Rally Hokkaido (16th January 2021),[RMC]Pip (15th January 2021)
    That’s a full 2mm more than the Sottozeros the World Rally Cars and all WRC competitors will be shod with when they land in the Arctic Circle next month. But don’t get too carried away, Pirelli’s latest tire – Sottozero Ice WJ – is for national runners only. We won’t be seeing it in any Rally1 action.

“The distinctive studs on the new Sottozero Ice WJ are the longest we have ever produced on a rally tire,” said Pirelli’s rally activity manager Terenzio Testoni.
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/pirellis-...-this-weekend/

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I'm missing a fourth car here
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

14. Likes: pantealex (15th January 2021)
    Νeuvilles opinion.And its about money if you read between the lines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We spent ten wonderful years together in the car. Today is the end. We couldn't find an arrangement between the two of us. The adventure continues for me, but I'm sure Nicolas is going quickly. find a place next to a top driver. After a few rather difficult days without finding an agreement, I found myself in a situation where I was without a co-driver for the Monte-Carlo. I had to decide in order to find a solution which allows me to be calm a few days before the start of the season. I will not give more details, it is a discussion between Nicolas and I. It only concerns us both. The decision is brutal, proof that it was not my will. I had to move forward, I try not to waste my time either. Nicolas's departure has no connection with the sporting aspect. been in the car during the last practice sessions otherwise. The decision was made with Hyundai and Martijn will accompany me to the Mo nte-Carlo. We'll see if he's the one who'll be in the car afterwards if things go well, "Neuville said at our microphone.

He added: "Martijn is young, very motivated. I got to know him because he was with the Hyundai Motorsport team for a few years. He has a lot of experience. Freddy Loix has driven several times. in WRCs with him and always said he was a good co-driver. He knows Hyundai, he was in a WRC with Craig Breen at Monza, I was convinced of that choice. The first time he will be in the car, it will be from the first special of the season. I didn't expect to be in this situation a few days ago. "

"It's a big challenge for him and me. I had him on the phone, he is very motivated. We will see each other in order to optimize our preparation. I am convinced that we can still have a good rally. It's a first for me too, I've rarely changed co-driver in my career because I wanted to stay with a co-driver I felt good with. We are in the unknown, but I'm not more worried than that. With this choice, we will also aim for the title ", continued our compatriot.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...er?id=10674654

Thierry Neuville, why this separation with Nicolas Gilsoul?

"Because we did not find an agreement for our WRC 2021 campaign. We were a few days before the start of the season, we still did not have a contract and we had to make a decision. We had to decide and I have activated plan B. "

But why come to this, the timing is really not good ...

"It wasn't me who really chose him. If my intention was really to part ways with Nicolas, I wouldn't have waited until the last minute. It would have been really stupid of me."

What did you not agree on? Money since we know that it is you who must pay your co-pilot?

"It's not just that, no."

Are you going to make as much money as last year with the Covid crisis?

"I don't think I should talk about this, but I have a current contract and it will be honored."

Lewis Hamilton must also revise his claims downwards ...

"Yes but he's negotiating a new contract and besides George Russell went as fast as him when he got in the car ..."

Should we speak of an amicable separation?

"We didn't fight anyway. We just didn't agree. I'm the more surprised of the two. I didn't expect to find myself in this situation. We have already experienced a few periods. difficult, but we never got to the breaking point. "

You are apparently very cold, how do you feel today?

"Of course I have a hard time showing my emotions. A separation touches you, especially after ten years. Nico was not really a friend but rather a good working relationship. We had some good laughs together."

Tell us a bit about your new teammate, Martijn Wijdaeghe?

"It's a logical choice in agreement with Hyundai. He already knows the house. He is young, motivated and available. He had to fix everything in 24 hours. We will try to settle this weekend. It's a hell of a thing. challenge for him but for me too. "

You complicate your life before Monte-Carlo, don't you?

"It is clear that I will not be a winner to start in Monte-Carlo with a new co-driver."

Did you hire him for the full season?

"We said we were starting the season together. We'll see later. But I hope it will work."

Do you think this decreases your chances in the championship?

"A season is long. It will be harder at the start, that's for sure."

Is a return of Nicolas possible or is it irrevocable?

"I believe that Nicolas does not want to come back ..."

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/...50a652f7d1eb04