Page 32 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Pretty good, you can really sense her passion for rallying and particularly in Wales.
    In honesty, I actually like the idea of it rotating every three years between Wales/N.Ireland/Scotland as it will bring a sense of adventure back a bit, and stop it going stale by visiting the same stages every year.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd December 2020),cali (22nd December 2020),Eli (22nd December 2020),T16 (22nd December 2020),[RMC]Pip (22nd December 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    The rotation thing is good in theory, but in practice it's difficult when you cannot have permanent staff or make agreements on stage usages, sponsorships, hospitalities etc. for more than one year at a time. Although on a certain level they could use the same staff organizing the rally in various parts of the country, but still it will be more difficult and more expensive.

4. Likes: pantealex (28th December 2020)
    https://www.rallit.fi/pahalta-naytta...wrc-sopimusta/

Jouhki saying Suninen is probably out of seat next year

6. Likes: dimviii (22nd December 2020)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The rotation thing is good in theory, but in practice it's difficult when you cannot have permanent staff or make agreements on stage usages, sponsorships, hospitalities etc. for more than one year at a time. Although on a certain level they could use the same staff organizing the rally in various parts of the country, but still it will be more difficult and more expensive.
    To be honest, in the UK this would probably work. The organisational team would just be Motorsport UK regardless of where it was. The Clerk of the Course Ian Campbell is Scottish, lives in the Scottish Highlands and was Clerk of the Course on the IRC Rally of Scotland. Regarding stage usage and sponsorship, in terms of the latter, the only significant sponsor of Rally GB are regional Government. They'd have to have three Local Government deals, but once they're set up, there isn't much more ongoing work that needs to be done. That's if they can be established... With stage usage, MSUK liaises with Natural Resources Wales and Forestry and Land Scotland over all stage usage for rallies anyway and with Rally GB, they essentially start the process over each year anyway regarding what will be available. In Northern Ireland it'd be a different process, but not too different and they now have some internal experience of closed road stages.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd December 2020),AnttiL (22nd December 2020),Eli (22nd December 2020),EstWRC (22nd December 2020),Rally Hokkaido (23rd December 2020),T16 (22nd December 2020)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.rallit.fi/pahalta-naytta...wrc-sopimusta/

Jouhki saying Suninen is probably out of seat next year
    That’s interesting. So who would drive for them then? Gus and? I can’t think of anybody else apart from Mikkelsen.

I think Formaux manager said he will be in rally2?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,122 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    That’s interesting. So who would drive for them then? Gus and? I can’t think of anybody else apart from Mikkelsen.

I think that like Solberg, it is also good for Formaux to continue in WRC2 next season.
    Formaux showed really good pace and improvement on last rallies.. some events with WRC would be good, but whole season could burn the budget(IF some bad luck and lack of pace)..

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts

At this point it can be anyone with a budget that is not hopeless...for example Gryazin, or even worse.

I also agree that it is not so good idea for Fourmaux at the moment, but he is most likely to join Greensmith on the team.

A blackhorse could be Huttunen for free, but not sure if he is ready to leave Hyundai at this point.
    But he is in very bad position, can't drive WRC3 and not in WRC2 by Hyundai. Maybe Hyundai can dig out a "private" second team like Citroen is doing with PH Sport and Sainteloc.

The article suggests Fourmaux and Greensmith.

https://twitter.com/TeemuSuninenRac/...43452342145025

Suninen saying thanks to his supporters during his career until today...

Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    Shame, but it really does look like a treading water year for Msport similar to previous regulation changes. But if it means they can develop a competitive car for 22 as they have before, then I guess it’s a price worth paying.
    I’m sure Formaux will show some good stage times, and maybe a good result here and there as he is clearly fast.