Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    I hope Dirtfish and the other naysayers are proved wrong and N.Ireland can rescue Rally GB and British rallying from the abyss.

As those great N.Irishmen the Undertones once sang, "I need excitement and I need it bad - and it's the best I ever had."...

Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Evans + Ogier at the Hemicuda Rally to prepare for Ypres

The Ypres Rally Belgium, which won its place in the world rally championship this year, to overcome the many cancellations following the Coronavirus health crisis, has special stages which are still unknown for many WRC drivers. To overcome this lack of driving and knowledge of the terrain, Toyota Gazoo Racing has decided to send two of these drivers at the end of the month to the Hemicuda Rally in Koekelare.

On the weekend of 24-25 October, current WRC driver championship leader Elfyn Evans will be there accompanied by Sébastien Ogier both at the wheel of their respective Toyota Yaris WRCs.

http://planetemarcus.com/evans-ogier...reparer-ypres/

Along with the two factory Toyota Yaris WRC’s, Hyundai’s WRC2 drivers Ole Christian Veiby and Nikolay Gryazin will both also contest the Hermicuda Rally next weekend (October 24-25), as will Hyundai junior Greégoire Munster.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ogier...ypres-warm-up/

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I don't have a problem with Norn Iron having a WRC round; in fact I'm sure they'll put on a great show - but it ain't Rally of GB.....

My problem is that Rally GB (and many other WRC events) have been run for the last 10+ years exclusively for the benefit of the WRC......when most of it's history is before/outside the WRC. In a perfect world, the event would take place whether in the WRC, or not.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

4. Likes: Eli (15th October 2020),PLuto (15th October 2020),steve.mandzij (14th October 2020),tommeke_B (14th October 2020)
    Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    While it would be great to see NI get a round, it will be a loss to the WRC not have Wales and the challenge it presents. There are no other rallies like it in the championship.

6. Likes: Rallyper (15th October 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    While it would be great to see NI get a round, it will be a loss to the WRC not have Wales and the challenge it presents. There are no other rallies like it in the championship.
    I also like Wales very much. At least there's Chile again in 2021

8. Likes: EstWRC (14th October 2020)
    Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I also like Wales very much. At least there's Chile again in 2021
    True it is similar terrain....shame it isn’t a two hour drive for me ☹️

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] News & Rumours 2021

https://www.nesterallyfinland.fi/en/...peration-ends/

Neste won't be the main sponsor of Finland's WRC event anymore, after 26 years of co-operation.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 15th October 2020 at 07:50.

Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Not much tal about Croatia, it is said that the contract will be for 10 years which is incredible to believe in these times. What is known is that the rally will be based around Zagreb, the capital, and it will be an asphalt event. I reccon that roads used will be the ones used for INA Delta rally, the most famous Croatian rally.

The roads are combination of Corsica, Alzace and Monte Carlo. Howeever, that can be adjusted in the recent months so I'm eager to find out about the itinerary and hoping for a bright future of the event.

12. Likes: EstWRC (15th October 2020)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts

Neste won't be the main sponsor of Finland's WRC event anymore, after 26 years of co-operation.
    Ouuschhhh!!

So what´s the discussion going on about new sponsors? Neste drop, their acting, decision etz?

Personally I think Neste also gained very much their brand from the Finnish Jewel of motorsport.. don´t you think?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

14. Likes: pantealex (16th October 2020)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts

Funny story; about 20-25 years ago, on 1st January, one of the UK daily newspapers had a calendar of sporting events for the coming year; this was when the WRC still had some mainstream exposure. Anyway the WRC calendar listed; Nestle Rally Finland - I assume the person proofreading thought Neste was a mistake, and added a 'l'.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

16. Likes: AnttiL (15th October 2020),cali (15th October 2020),Eli (15th October 2020),EstWRC (15th October 2020),Hartusvuori (15th October 2020),pantealex (16th October 2020),steve.mandzij (17th October 2020)