Page 60 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,498 Times in 2,280 Posts
    Behind Ott, but with some suspecious about his driver

2. Likes: cali (22nd January 2021),logwrc (22nd January 2021)
    Liked 307 Times in 148 Posts
    Just found on the FB - Croatia Rally map. (from one of the Czech photographers)

croatia.jpg
    Last edited by Tom K; 22nd January 2021 at 11:13.

4. Likes: b3637853 (22nd January 2021),ik1911 (22nd January 2021),Katvala (22nd January 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Borja Rozada, a master's degree in Montecarlo

Borja Rozada, Sordo's new ‘copi’, learns with Hyundai to prepare for his debut

In his career he has gone through numerous hands until he made the final leap in recent years alongside Pepe López, winning the last two Spanish championships. Soon after, the call that he had worked so hard for would arrive. “Dani called me. I already knew that I was looking for a co-pilot. He told me that he would come to Madrid and that if we could talk. We met and a couple of days later he told me that he was interested: "I think we can go well." We tested some notes with a normal street car and the following week he asked me to be his ‘copi’: ‘If you feel like it, we’ll go ahead.’ And so it was, ”Borja reveals to MD. He then began to work on understanding with Sordo.

“On one of the old sections of the Guadarrama Rally, a week after the first contact, we reconnoitred with a street car. It was by sitting together, scoring, singing and watching a little, "explains Rozada, who arrived with his homework done:" It was to see Dani's system of notes, which I had already studied from all his last rallies. " That was the step leading up to an even more relevant day, his first test in the Hyundai i20 Coupé, which occurred last week. “The test went very well. Carlos del Barrio started in the morning and then I was with Dani all day, ”he says, still surprised by the piloting of his new‘ boss ’and the response of the i20 in all conditions.

After that premiere, he had to continue adding experience for his official debut. Monte Carlo was not the best rally to start with. Yes it is to get into the team.

”I arrived on Sunday and I am here to see how they work, attend all the meetings as if I were going to run the rally, with the ouvriers, engineers, meteos and everything. I went to the examinations to know all the procedures and all the people, then in the afternoon I went over the stages with Dani. During the rally I am looking out for them for what they need, I try to soak up everything I can do and always stick to Carlos to see how everything works ”. A whole master's degree in the best of the ‘motor universities’.

“I'm super happy and looking forward to the first rally. It is the opportunity of my life, and more in an official team. It's as if Barça signs you to play the Champions League. More than that, there is no more. It's the top ”, concluded the Madrilenian.

From magazines to the cabin

This opportunity is the award for a lifetime dedicated to his passion, which he inherited from his father, who took Borja and his brother to all the races that were held near Madrid. “My brother said that he didn't want to keep going because he didn't like him. "I do like it," I told my father, and when I was 15 years old I told him that I wanted to be a co-driver, "he remembers from his childhood, defining his little self as" a geek "of this sport. He read and reread the rally magazines that were in his house and reviewed the videotapes of the tests of the 80. He forged his passion with the exploits of Sainz, and in the face of such impetus, his father accepted Borja's fate. But with one condition: he had to take a co-pilot course. He did it at 16, and at 17 he debuted. He was very clear about it. His life should be this.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/motor...ontecarlo.html

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2021/01/...calendar-2021/

Here is my overview of the 2021 WRC Calendar. It could be the fastest and most tarmac-surfaced season in the history of WRC.

7. Likes: EstWRC (25th January 2021)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

Here is my overview of the 2021 WRC Calendar. It could be the fastest and most tarmac-surfaced season in the history of WRC.
    somebody said fastest?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: pantealex (25th January 2021)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Are you referring to the Toyota clothes he has on?

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    wtf, no

referring that Ott likes fast rallies and is very good on them
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: pantealex (25th January 2021)
    Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

I see that you have no real idea on what will Rally Croatia look like. Well, neither do us in Croatia. The location is well known, it will be mostly around Zagreb, up to 100km away. Day one should be in Zagrebacki velesajam, huge and mostly deserted fair area in the city itself where an opening special should take place. I read that they plan to have partly indoor stage for the first time in WRC history (?).

Next day should take place in the hills around city of Samobor west of Zagreb, these stages are known in rallying as part of INA Delta rally, the most famous in Croatia and former part of ERC and other European championships. The most famous stage is Budinjak, it's situated in beautiful forest landscapes of a protected area (natural park).

Video of Budinjak: https://youtu.be/oR9h6RxMb2k

Third day should take place around Karlovac, farthest from Zagreb and it should be smoother and less hilly but nothing official about that. On the last day, rally finishes northh of Zagreb, in the region of Hrvatsko Zagorje. It should be similar as second day, hills, corners but smooth. Most of these areas have a good asphalt and it should be smooth but not really fast IMO. Lot of corners, uphills and downhills. Something as former Rally Alsace as I recall.

I hope that the fans will be allowed, the area is close to capital unlike most of the WRC rallies and there are lot of potential fans who would be eager to enjoy it for the first time.

14. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Thanks, I actually watched some Delta Rally footage and my assumption was based on that!

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    There are maps already and based on YouTube onboards I think it will be really fast event.

17. Likes: pantealex (25th January 2021)