Threaded View

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Dazey, you shouldn't be so quick to pull out the Haters card. Looks to me like Baggy is asking an honest question. As for your question: "That all the drivers were told during the stewards meeting where to practise start?"

Looks like the answer is yes. A quote from an article on another site has the following:
    I have to say, l could not stop laughing to see that Masi and his stewards thought that Hamilton had gained an advantage by doing his practise start where he did. Hence, deemed it to be a sporting offence. I wait to see what kind of advantage that is. It is laughable how they keep digging themselves deeper into the "we are out to get him" hole.

The excuse that it is a sporting offence; hence the in-race punishment, sets a new precedent. And defines a new kind of infraction not defined anywhere in the regulations. If it was, they would be very quick to quote the rules in question. I understand Masi wants to defend his stewards, but at the expense of being seen as part of the problem.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 1st October 2020 at 19:11.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare