Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    With all of Hamilton's BLM antics, they should know that they have to keep their noses clean, as any infraction, however small would invite severe punishment. And this rulling shows that very clearly.

I dont think so, if anything Liberty and the FIA have been overly supportive of his BLM political antics. Imo its because this season is even more of a disaster being effectively over half way through.
    In a vain attempt at keeping things interesting, I think they would have done the same to any driver on the grid.

2. Likes: Tazio (28th September 2020)
    Breaking news..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54318727

Hamiltons 2 penalty points rescinded.

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    With all of Hamilton's BLM antics, they should know that they have to keep their noses clean, as any infraction, however small would invite severe punishment. And this rulling shows that very clearly.
    I don't think that is the case.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

5. Likes: Tazio (28th September 2020)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Yeah! I don't see it either
    Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Well, you miss the point. No one is saying Hamilton did not break some rules. The rule in question is not a hard rule in the regulations par se. It is a soft rule at the discretion of the stewards. Being a first occurrence, the proper objective approach would be to issue a reprimand for the first instance of the offence and a five second penalty for the second. That would have come across as a fair punishment.

Instead they were very heavy handed with a 10 seconds stop and go penalty and two points on his super license. This is indication that these stewards are not fit to do this job. They lack the analytical acumen or the objectivity required to perform this role.

And all everyone is seeing, is that Mika Salo has helped Bottas to a comfortable win.

Mika Salo is a disgrace really.
    the point is he broke the rules and did something illegal and dangerous. not once, but twice.

stop whining about the stewards and salo, they only did what they hired to do. make sure the rules are followed.
    they could indeed have given him a reprimand the first time, but they could just as well have given him a 5 place penalty. that would have cost him a lot more time.
    as i said, the only one to blame is the guy who told lewis to do his practice starts in a place where it's not allowed.

its just as ridiculous that you have to go all the way around in turn 2 if they go even the tiniest bit off track. but that's the rules, you know them beforehand.

8. Likes: Bagwan (28th September 2020),gm99 (28th September 2020),N. Jones (28th September 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I don't think that is the case.
    Ok so you don't think that is the case. Why don't you think that is the case. Where is your evidence to support your statement?
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    the point is he broke the rules and did something illegal and dangerous. not once, but twice.

stop whining about the stewards and salo, they only did what they hired to do. make sure the rules are followed.
    they could indeed have given him a reprimand the first time, but they could just as well have given him a 5 place penalty. that would have cost him a lot more time.
    as i said, the only one to blame is the guy who told lewis to do his practice starts in a place where it's not allowed.

its just as ridiculous that you have to go all the way around in turn 2 if they go even the tiniest bit off track. but that's the rules, you know them beforehand.
    At least understand the situation before you comment. The penalty was given after both practise starts had occurred, so there would be no additional time loss involved. The infraction happened on the way to the grid, hence before the race had started. Such situation are normally dealt with after the race, but on this very rare occasion, it was penalized in the race. Which everyone found to be very odd in itself. More odd is that they penalized him twice with two 5 seconds stop and go penalties during the race which effectively killed the action in the sharp end of the race and initially slammed him with 2 points on is super licence.

The important thing to note is that, we the audience, have been cheated out of some interesting action brewing from the start. They killed the enjoyment of the race. It turned out to be a very boring race in the end.

That was the harshest possible punishment the stewards are allowed to levy on any discretionary breach of the rules. The situation clearly indicate that they were heavy handed, they could not wait until after the race, as they should. But were very anxious to impose a punishment as soon as possible to mess with Hamilton's race. More so, they imposed a hefty time penalty to ensure his race was properly stymed. If they could get away with it, they would have also extend their damage to the drivers championship by bringing Hamilton to within 2 points of a race ban, which would have made him very vulnerable in the drivers championship.

I get you don't like Hamilton and you are very clearly unsympathetic to his race, but you must have a sense of justice.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th September 2020 at 13:30.
    William Shakespeare

Ok so you don't think that is the case. Why don't you think that is the case. Where is your evidence to support your statement?

You stated that Lewis was excessively punished for rule breaking because of his BLM antics. I think its YOU.. who needs to offer evidence to support your statement first.

What a race by Perez. At this race, Perez simply put the finger up to Racing Point for letting him go. Fourth, with Stroll crashed out, is as clear a "F@ck You Racing Point" as he could possibly hope to state.

At some point in the future, they would miss him.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    I will admit that Michael was protected when he was at Ferrari. I will also admit Michael Jordan was protected during his time in the NBA. That doesn't mean they should not have been punished for breaking the rules. It's a rule, he broke. If you, or Mercedes, can show me that others drivers have done this without a time penalty then I will be with you in defending him. Otherwise he got a penalty.
    Last edited by N. Jones; 28th September 2020 at 15:30.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."