Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    It seems even more ridiculous that Perez is being pushed out of Racing Point for Vettel. The guy is miles better at this point to his teammate and even more so to Vettel at this point. Smh. If I were him I would join Williams instead of Sauber or Haas. Now that Williams have secured their future no more need for that pay driver

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Bottas once again too slow to hold verstappen off in a car that is half a second faster.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    It seems even more ridiculous that Perez is being pushed out of Racing Point for Vettel. The guy is miles better at this point to his teammate and even more so to Vettel at this point. Smh. If I were him I would join Williams instead of Sauber or Haas. Now that Williams have secured their future no more need for that pay driver
    It's as if an alien has occupied Vettel's body. I've never been a big Vettel fan, but to see someone, especially a former WDC, collapse and implode like this is truly disturbing.

I agree with you about Perez. Williams, with this new ownership and investment (and having Merc PUs), might be the better bet.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

4. Likes: truefan72 (26th September 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Verstapenn pulled out a very special lap to get between the Mercedes. He is determined to at least snatch 2nd in the drivers championship from Bottas.

Not sure what happened to bottas when it really mattered. He seemed to have the speed to take poll this weekend but something happened that kept him from his best. I am sure he has the speed to put it ahead of Verstapenn easily, the question is what actually happened to Bottas?

With the Williams qualifying ahead of the two Ferrari, and their future sorted out, a Wiiliams seat is now very desirable. Hence, it would make sense for both Williams and Perez to come together for 2021 or 2022. He would bring a wealth of experience to the team which Williams and Russell would greatly benefit from.

From Russels perspective, he would have a great beanchmark to measure himself against. If he can beat Perez consistently, it would be a clear indication of his true capability. I suspect he would find racing against Perez a harder proposition than he has experienced in F1 so far.

And Williams would have a true indication of the capability of their car. So for me it is a no brainer.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

It is worth noticing that when Redbull concentrate all of their efforts on Verstapenn, he performs exceptionally well but that driver in the second seat suffers as a consequence. So Verstapenn is 2nd and Albon is back where he typically was, in the thick of the midfield.

When they try to split their efforts to help the second car, Verstapenn suffers as a consequence as we have noticed in the last three races.

Maybe Redbull should run only one car for the championship.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It is worth noticing that when Redbull concentrate all of their efforts on Verstapenn, he performs exceptionally well but that driver in the second seat suffers as a consequence. So Verstapenn is 2nd and Albon is back where he typically was, in the thick of the midfield.

When they try to split their efforts to help the second car, Verstapenn suffers as a consequence as we have noticed in the last three races.

Maybe Redbull should run only one car for the championship.
    I would say that if verstappen has problems, it makes albon look good because we can't compare performance anymore.

Albon is just not up to the task, he drives a car way above his league.

We have arseholes as stewards for this race. How fair is it to give a double penalty for the same infraction. Salo is a dickhead. WTF, that was a very severe punishments. How they have messed with this race.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th September 2020 at 13:07.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Yup, race stewards doing everything they can to ruin Hamilton’s race. He gets a 10s discretionary penalty for nothing but Sainz guns it through the bollards and causes a major incident...nothing. Perez doesn’t go through the bollards...nothing. Leclerc shunts stroll...nothing. Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Yup, race stewards doing everything they can to ruin Hamilton’s race. He gets a 10s discretionary penalty for nothing but Sainz guns it through the bollards and causes a major incident...nothing. Perez doesn’t go through the bollards...nothing. Leclerc shunts stroll...nothing. Ridiculous
    How Salo is making it possible for his countryman Bottas to win the race. That was a very dodgy penalty by any standards. Mika Salo has lost my respect for him from this point on. That was a very very unfair penalty.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th September 2020 at 13:15.
    William Shakespeare

Apparently there were two pit starts that occured. But for a discretionary penalty, they have thrown the kitchen sink at him.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th September 2020 at 13:21.
    William Shakespeare