Hey guys. I've been recently thinking about the older times and I'm just wondering about one thing- hasn't F1 used to be better, more thrilling and exciting?

Maybe these current cars are as fast as they used to be, but they've been missing one key factor throughout all these years- proper sound engines. I don't know if you've noticed, but when there are commercials where F1 is used, weirdly the older engine sounds are used. It was one of a kind type of sound.

Now when I watch these races once in a while I can't really get into it- it seems boring for me. When you buy an old Porsche, you've got the proper sound. Now when you get one, it sounds no better than a VW Golf GTI... What happened?

There were years where Schumacher was completely dominating, but after this was over the races were very exciting and fun to watch. We had few drivers actually fighting for championship. Now with Mercedes and DRS, Kers and other things- not fun at all and not even fair.

It's supposed to be a competition between manufacturers and drivers, but now we have few advantage giving tools that shouldn't be in F1 in the first place.

I'm afraid It's just not what it used to be. Does anyone share my thoughts?