Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I have to say the marshalls this weekend have been exceptionally slow. In watching both F2 races and now this race.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    What a strange restart by Bottas which ultimately triggered the pile-up farther down the field. Will we actually be getting any racing this afternoon?
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

I must say Bottas weaving and ultra slow start caused this. Ridiculous. Tbh I would penalize him.

4. Likes: gm99 (13th September 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    What a strange restart by Bottas which ultimately triggered the pile-up farther down the field. Will we actually be getting any racing this afternoon?
    Yup. Lewis is wrong. Nothing to do with the safety car lights and all to do with Bottas stupendous restart. I bet you the rules will be changed after this because that was unnaceptable

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    TBH I think it was excessive for Bottas to hold everyone up like that, but not against the regs, so I'd be surprised if he got a penalty. Still, the regs need tweaking because it's very dangerous stuff - the drivers in the back don't have a way to know that the frontrunners are slow, so as soon as they hit the throttle, then there's a clusterfuck.

I wish we can get a replay of the Sainz spin in T2 because at some point I got the impression that he was already spinning, or at least understeering, when he hit Stroll.

And oh dear, Gasly. That was a terrible qualifying yesterday and he topped it off with a weird crash - mostly his mistake IMO, but it's one of these things that happen in the first lap. At the same time, he should know that if you get in the gap between two cars right before a tight corner, that gap is going to disappear and so will your car if you don't back out.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I must say Bottas weaving and ultra slow start caused this. Ridiculous. Tbh I would penalize him.
    Yep, but Bottas did nothing wrong though as the temporary safety car until they cross the start line.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Spa 1998 comes to mind with this pile up
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Yup. Lewis is wrong. Nothing to do with the safety car lights and all to do with Bottas stupendous restart. I bet you the rules will be changed after this because that was unnaceptable
    I think Hamilton was talking about the green light coming on before Bottas had crossed the line. Which l think caused the midfield to start racing before Bottas crossed the line.
    William Shakespeare

But...Latifi was going balls out without anyone else which then triggered Sainz to go to. So Latifi is the true villain and Sainz for not paying attention. This might be a case where the teams should be allowed to talk to their drivers on restarts. But Bottas ridiculous slow restart was a factor too

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I wish we can get a replay of the Sainz spin in T2 because at some point I got the impression that he was already spinning, or at least understeering, when he hit Stroll.
    Found a replay on Reddit - not great, but it seems like Sainz and Stroll were parallel, but just a bit too close and Stroll had the outside, so he was faster, clipped Sainz' tyre and that was that. Sainz should have stayed a bit more on the inside there, but well, that's his race gone now.