Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I am sure it was a coincidence that Hamilton comments about Verstapenn not having a wingman to assist him in effectively taking the fight to Mercedes was followed by strong showing by Albon. A comment that Redbull reacted to aggressively by pointing out the fact that Hamilton was responsible for depriving Albon well deserved podium places. Albon himself showed signs of feeling critisized.

The following races after Hamilton's comment, Albon qualified 6th and then 4th, and secured a podium position. I think Hamilton's comment was just what Albon and his engineers needed to hear.

By the way Vettel and Ferrari are a lost cause this season.
    What a different race it may have been if Verstapenn did not have that engine problem. He had a better start than Hamilton and was almost level with him. From that point, l envisaged a drag race down the straight but Verstapenn fizzles out and drifted backwards.
    With the number of restarts thatb occured, who was to say Verstapeen may not have stolen the win from Mercedes. That said, hindsight is a wonderful thing eh.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    I managed to avoid all spoilers, and just watched the race split between yesterday and tonight.

Crazy race all around. With all the offs and big crashes, it made it interesting, and everyone came out ok. It speaks volumes that nobody was seriously injured in all that chaos, and I'm glad for that.

As for the track itself, without the red flags and such, it might be a borefest. I do actually like the track, but like many others, the only real opportunities for passes are essentially the DRS zones. We need to get back to tracks that have more passing potential.

I'm still not sure whether to be gutted for Ricciardo or thrilled for Albon. Being Daniel has had his share of podiums, I guess I'm glad that this time Albon managed to get up on the podium. Hopefully it will be a boost for him as the season continues.

Bottas gave it a go, and it just wasn't enough. I still think he has upped his game quite a bit, but Lewis is still refining his racecraft as well. It's tough to be paired with someone so strong.

As for the podium display, poor taste IMHO. Lewis has enough money and influence to not put the team or Toto in the position of watching him break protocols. It's also my opinion that if people really want to have a discussion on the issue, that it be in the Chit Chat section rather than in the racing forum. But I think this thread has already shown a big part of the problem.... nobody wants to see the whole picture, and most have already made their mind up on the issue without seeing all sides of the facts without bias.

3. Likes: Bagwan (19th September 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    The smoke thickens at Mercedes Petronas F1 Team. A Mercedes exit from F1 by the start of the new era remains a subject of consideration. Woolf says going from very good to good is of no interest to him. The new era has all the hallmarks of what is unlikely to be of interest to Mercedes and frankly l cannot see why they would want to stay.

If anything, the ban on the so called Party Mode is a clear indication of an assult on the dominance of Mercedes. I can see they would not be impressed by that. Wittingly or unwittingly, F1 is seeming to become less attractive to Mercedes.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd September 2020 at 09:51.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare