Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    It also turns out that the Renault engine is faster than the Honda engine afterall. Renault has stuck a finger up at Redbull as well it would seem. This is just one race, Redbull would be back at the next race l think.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    At this rate, l am beginning to think the rule change is also a bloody waste of time. They are messing about with all these short notice changes and are getting eggs in the face for it. If this is what the new regulation regime is going to look like, l think l shall pass on F1 from 2022. It is just a shamble.

From a spectator perspective, it did nothing to enhance my enjoyment. It only served to increase my doubt of the sanity of these crazy short notice rule changes. It is hard to understand why they introduced it? It seemed quite pointless and it turned out to be starkly pointless. What the F?

Well, l am glad Redbull got the shitty end of the stick on this one. Because it appears to be their idea to ban party mode.
    First of all , we don't know yet if the engine modes Merc is using will result in less longevity for them .
    Or , if the Honda in the back of the Bulls is slow , or if it is just that the high rake concept is just that much slower on the speed focused tracks like this one .

I don't like messing with the rules mid-season either , but at least give it a little time to see if it really has any effect that could be seen as positive .
    I know , far fetched , but it could happen .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    First of all , we don't know yet if the engine modes Merc is using will result in less longevity for them .
    Or , if the Honda in the back of the Bulls is slow , or if it is just that the high rake concept is just that much slower on the speed focused tracks like this one .

I don't like messing with the rules mid-season either , but at least give it a little time to see if it really has any effect that could be seen as positive .
    I know , far fetched , but it could happen .
    Yeah yeah Baggie.

The rake on the redbull is no excuse. The Mclaren ahead of them has a rake as well. This track is all about power and they haven't got enough. As far as the rules go, it is dead in the water. It would not have a different effect anywhere else. As you don't need party mode much on twisty circuits with slow corners.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The fastest Mercedes still qualifies almost a full second ahead of the next non-Mercedes. That's all we needed to know about the "evil" party mode.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    The Mclaren comeback is complete! This is special ...so far

Stupid Magnussen causing issues. I’m interested to know when that pit lane was closed.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Wow!! McLerc!
    May the forza be with you

Red flag, Red flag, Red flag, Red flag, Red flag, Gonna really hurt "The Boss"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Red flag, Red flag, Red flag, Red flag, Red flag, Gonna really hurt "The Boss"?
    10 second stop go, 10 second stop go!

This is a joke. Hamilton was already in the pit entrance when the red flag came on. Besides it makes no sense to close the pit entrance in the first place. The whole situation is shambolic. Almost as if it was designed to nerf Hamilton. Its ridiculous