Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    His team screwed him, and he didn't notice the red! Both of them were at fault!
    indeed. And he took responsibility for it in his post race interview. A tough day in the office.
    But damage control nonetheless. Verstappen and Bottas had nothing today. And I'm sure Verstappen is a bit miffed not even scoring any points.
    I'm glad RBR didn't score anything today as it pegs Horner down a notch with their stupid complaints and architects of the party mode bans.
    He continues to be the biggest d!ck in F1 and has only ended up hurting his team as Verstappen relied on it to drag that car high up the order in qualy, which then helped his race.
    Plus he had the audacity to claim that Mercedes are favoring Hamilton to the detriment of Bottas, when his team goes out of its way to do that with Albon. SMH
    you can't argue with results.

2. Likes: N. Jones (7th September 2020),Tazio (6th September 2020)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Bloody hell, I feel that Sainz got mugged. The fun thing is that had it not been for the pitlane being closed, then he'd (most likely) have finished P2 either way, just behind Hamilton this time. But it feels really unfair that Gasly and Stroll got ahead of Norris, Ricciardo, Ocon and so on.

Also, what the fuck, Valtteri Bottas.
    timing is everything. Adjusted it should have been Sainz, Norris Ricciardo
    Gasly and Stroll got super lucky with the timing of it all.
    Sainz really wanted that win. But he should be please with p2.
    Mclaren is really on the rise and his move to Ferrari looks awful right now.
    although i must say that Ricciardo might be having some doubts about leaving a resurgent Renault team too,
    alonso licking his chops. lol
    you can't argue with results.

4. Likes: N4D13 (6th September 2020)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    So , speaking of engine modes , Merc didn't have the fast car like they've had before this race .
    It kinda looked to me that they've turned the baseline up a little and created an overheating issue , to add to the fact the car doesn't like to follow others .
    That seems like a positive result .

And , though the Bulls had a difficult time , Honda still won the race .

That race was fun to watch .

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Congrat's Ghastly!!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    So , speaking of engine modes , Merc didn't have the fast car like they've had before this race .
    It kinda looked to me that they've turned the baseline up a little and created an overheating issue , to add to the fact the car doesn't like to follow others .
    That seems like a positive result .

And , though the Bulls had a difficult time , Honda still won the race .

That race was fun to watch .
    It’s not a positive result Baggy. Firstly it was Botttas mess at the start that caused the race to unfold the way it did and the mess at Hamilton’s pitstop. Otherwise would have been a 1-2 for Mercedes comfortably.

Although it’s the same for everyone the rule difference has had little impact on Mercedes overall dominance and pace.

I am overwhelmingly happy for Pierre. I didn’t mind whether it was him or Sainz that won but given the appalling way RBR treated him last year he deserves this win. It must hurt some bit for RBR after they demoting him that he now wins before Albon 🤷*♂️

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Yeah. But the entire thing is still a joke. That car could have been pushed behind the barrier. Smh
    I don't think, from what I saw, that the car would fit behind the barrier. I think that is why they pushed it to the pitlane.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    We'll see , Mr. Knight (I was going to call you "Blacky", but didn't want to appear racist) (Hee hee).

Merc didn't look as comfortable as they've been recently , and the overheating issue was very evident for both drivers , with Bottas in particular running out of the draft quite often .

The car seems to still have more difficulty in dirty air than the others , and without the highest engine modes available , will struggle against it's closest rivals .
    And , that won't help them in the fight to keep the tires on them , a problem they deal with every time out .

Don't get me wrong . I do think they're still pretty strong , but just not as comfortable as they were .
    They might actually need their rear view mirrors now and then .

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    It’s not a positive result Baggy. Firstly it was Botttas mess at the start that caused the race to unfold the way it did and the mess at Hamilton’s pitstop. Otherwise would have been a 1-2 for Mercedes comfortably.

Although it’s the same for everyone the rule difference has had little impact on Mercedes overall dominance and pace.

I am overwhelmingly happy for Pierre. I didn’t mind whether it was him or Sainz that won but given the appalling way RBR treated him last year he deserves this win. It must hurt some bit for RBR after they demoting him that he now wins before Albon ��*♂️
    What was so appalling about how Pierre was treated? He struggled in qualifying. He struggle in overtaking and finally he seemed to struggle with the pressure. He seems to found his niche as a good midfield racer with no high expectations. That is not a bad thing.

Personally I still prefer Albon than Pierre at RBR. I think Albon has a higher ceiling and if he had any luck he would have to podiums already.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Felicitation to Gasly. He is getting better and better. The Alpha Tauri environment seem to help him reach his best qualities. The last time someone won in the Redbull junior team car, he went on to be a four time world chanmpion. I think Redbull is sitting on a driver world champion in Gasly. I wonder what they are going to do with him now.

One thing is clear, the pressure on Albon has just doubled this weekend. What a great drive from Sainz for Mclaren! Stroll also made his mark on this weekend for Canada. Great job from these chaps for seizing this rare moment.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 8th September 2020 at 11:17.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    A new winner and Mercs nowhere to be seen.
    Let us be honest LH was very unlucky here although his team is stupid to not see the messages and the pit lane closure seemed over cautious.

We will be back to regular scheduled broadcast this weekend.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

13. Likes: N. Jones (9th September 2020),truefan72 (9th September 2020)