Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Well, he leads the F2 championship at the moment. What else has he got to do to impress you? I say give this generation of Schumachers a chance to prove themselves. Don't visit your perception of the father on the son.
    There’s a bit of fortune in his lead of the championship. I don’t think he’s ready for F1 yet, not to say he won’t get there. That said, if he wins the championship then he’ll probably get a seat, maybe take Kimi’s or Giovonazzi place. I think it’s about time Kimi retires. He’s got nothing left to give F1 from what I can see.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    There’s a bit of fortune in his lead of the championship. I don’t think he’s ready for F1 yet, not to say he won’t get there. That said, if he wins the championship then he’ll probably get a seat, maybe take Kimi’s or Giovonazzi place. I think it’s about time Kimi retires. He’s got nothing left to give F1 from what I can see.
    Fortune is an important ingredient in winning. You cannot begrudge a person for enjoying a moment of providence. If Mick wins the F2 championship, he would have proved that he is ready for f1 and would be deserving of a seat. Obviously, this is going to put some pressure on Leclerc and Sainz to perform at a high level to maintain their seats.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 21st September 2020 at 12:59.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Fortune is an important ingredient in winning. You cannot begridge a person for enjoying a moment of providence. If Mick win the F2 championship, he would have proved that he is ready for f1 and would be deserving of a seat. Obviously, this going to put some pressure on Leclerc and Sainz to perform at a high level to maintain their seats.
    Time will tell. My main fear is that a move to F1 now is too early for him and that, while he might have the talent, he’ll crash and burn in F1 because he made the step too early and that’s definitely something I don’t want to see happening to him. I think the best from him, based on the performances we’ve seen from him, would be to win the F2 championship next year after another year developing and then make the step to F1.

4. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Time will tell. My main fear is that a move to F1 now is too early for him and that, while he might have the talent, he’ll crash and burn in F1 because he made the step too early and that’s definitely something I don’t want to see happening to him. I think the best from him, based on the performances we’ve seen from him, would be to win the F2 championship next year after another year developing and then make the step to F1.
    I think he would need to leave the F2 championship after he has won it. That would mean he would either have to step up into F1 or do formula E or other forms of racing. I think a few years at Alfa Romeo would be the right move for him. There would be no pressure involved while at the same time developing his experience. A seat directly in Ferrari would burn him out. That l defo agree.
    William Shakespeare

I think he would need to leave the F2 championship after he has won it. That would mean he would either have to step up into F1 or do formula E or other forms of racing. I think a few years at Alfa Romeo would be the right move for him. There would be no pressure involved while at the same time developing his experience. A seat directly in Ferrari would burn him out. That l defo agree.
    Yes, he has to leave F2 if he wins it but that’s why I’d rather see win it and leave F2 next year, get another year under his belt. If he wins this year he’ll end up in F1 but I still think it’d be too early. I’d be happy to be proved wrong though.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I'm anxious to see how the three lads do in their FP1 sessions.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I'm anxious to see how the three lads do in their FP1 sessions.
    Ferrari have some very exciting up and coming junior drivers. All three drivers have impressed me.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    It's unfortunate that Mick's FP1 session got washed out. But I was so glad to see that he was there to give Lewis one of Michael's old helmets. Very classy move by the family. Reminded me of when the Senna family gave Lewis one of Ayrton's old helmets.

I'm not sure how things will play out for Callum Ilott, but I look for Mick to get a seat at Alfa Romeo.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith