Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Does Mick Schumacher deserve a seat in F1 next year?

The Ferrari driver academy seems to have a lot of talent competing in Formula 2 who are on the cusp of getting in to F1 and i think its great to see.... but it seems Mick Schumacher is most likely to get a drive in Formula 1 in 2021

In fact according to this article Schumacher it's almost guaranteed that he will join Haas/Alfa Romeos next year.... my question is: am I the only one who would like to see Callum Illot or Schawartzman get promoted instead?

They are ahead of him in the championship and i find them way more impressive having watched most F2 races this year. It seems he will be picked over them just because of his Schumacher name, which I really take issue with. thoughts?

2. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021),gm99 (1st September 2020)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I totally agree rodrigo. Its sad that the Schumacher name and the marketability that comes with it, is valued higher than the superior raw talent/pace shown by his adversaries, IIIot and Schwarzman.

Some may dissagree with me on this but for me, of all those who have ever come into F1 bearing a famous name, I think Max is really the only one who has earned his place in the sport on merit.

4. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Schwarzman has impressed me greatly. With abit of luck he could win the F2 crown. Ferrari needs an F2 champion. Promoting Giovonazzi before he won the F2 crown has suggested that they need to raise the bar higher to guarantee they get another Leclarc coming up the ranks.

Personally, l don't think any of those drivers deserve to be promoted until they have won the F2 championship. Promoting any of them would be rewarding mediocrity. They are good enough to win it, so they should, to deserve a F1 drtive.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Schwarzman has impressed me greatly. With abit of luck he could win the F2 crown. Ferrari needs an F2 champion. Promoting Giovonazzi before he won the F2 crown has suggested that they need to raise the bar higher to guarantee they get another Leclarc coming up the ranks.

Personally, l don't think any of those drivers deserve to be promoted until they have won the F2 championship. Promoting any of them next season otherwise, would be rewarding mediocrity. They are good enough to win it, so they should, to deserve a F1 drive.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd September 2020 at 08:14.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    I'll put my cards on the table, Michael was one of the drivers I was a fan of and the thought of his son coming to F1 and kicking a..e really excites me.

However from what I've seen of him I would have to say no, he's not ready for F1 and there are other F2 drivers who are more deserving currently.

8. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    one word...nope
    you can't argue with results.

10. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021)
    Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    Yeah, Mick probably needs another year in F2 as he hasn't impressed me much this year.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

12. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    No, I don't think that he's ready yet, and I don't think that he should be chosen over Illot or Schawartzman (strictly based on talent/merit). Although I have to say, if Haas chooses to (finally!) bounce at least one of their drivers, and Alfa Romeo loses Kimi due to retirement and/or Giovinazzi due to his rising carbon fiber bill, there might be enough open seats for all of them... plus Hulkenberg.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

14. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021),N. Jones (2nd September 2020)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Not from what we’ve seen thus far. He hasn’t impressed so much this season.
    He deserves to be in F2 but he doesn’t seem ready for the step to F1 yet. Agree with the above posts re Illot or Schawartzman - much more deserving at this stage.

16. Likes: Fortitude (14th February 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not from what we’ve seen thus far. He hasn’t impressed so much this season.
    He deserves to be in F2 but he doesn’t seem ready for the step to F1 yet. Agree with the above posts re Illot or Schawartzman - much more deserving at this stage.
    Well, he leads the F2 championship at the moment. What else has he got to do to impress you? I say give this generation of Schumachers a chance to prove themselves. Don't visit your perception of the father on the son.
    William Shakespeare