Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Applaud Formula One Management

If you agree, please let us take a moment to applaud the F1 management for their hard work recovering this bizzare season from what seemed like a disaster about to happen. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are enjoying this interesting season.

Hence from me, CLAP CLAP CLAP. Well done chaps. THUMBS UP!

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 29th August 2020 at 14:13.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: Jag_Warrior (29th August 2020),N. Jones (31st August 2020),pantealex (29th August 2020),truefan72 (29th August 2020)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    If you agree, please let us take a moment to applaud the F1 management for their hard work recovering this bizzare season from what seemed like a disaster about to happen. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are enjoying this interesting season.

Hence from me, CLAP CLAP CLAP. Well done chaps. THUMBS UP!

THANK YOU!
    Agreed,
    and they brought back one of my favorite tracks from the shadowrealm. Turkey!
    I'm sure they will get the circuit back up in shape since it was looking a bit ragged these past few years.
    The Bahrain outerloop seems a bit dubious to me though
    you can't argue with results.

4. Likes: N. Jones (31st August 2020)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I certainly agree. Great job in saving the season... with even more races than I expected.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Agreed,
    and they brought back one of my favorite tracks from the shadowrealm. Turkey!
    I'm sure they will get the circuit back up in shape since it was looking a bit ragged these past few years.
    The Bahrain outerloop seems a bit dubious to me though
    I am not hot on the idea either. It is a boring layout. Three straights and zigzag, it would be all about engine grunt and would not leave any room for underpowered cars such as the Redbull relative to the Mercedes for example, to have opportunity to take the fight to cars with faster engines. But l remain grateful.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    THANK YOU!
    I was with you until you said - interesting season

Yes sure they worked hard for us to see some racing finally and I was as excited as anybody else but within a couple of races it has become painfully clear who will win almost all the races.
    Maybe skipping the whole season might have helped some teams close the gap somewhat?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

8. Likes: sti123 (1st September 2020)
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Maybe skipping the whole season might have helped some teams close the gap somewhat?
    Yes, but on the other hand...
    Maybe skipping the whole season might have helped some teams close the shop for good.

10. Likes: pantealex (3rd September 2020),truefan72 (1st September 2020)
    A big thank you to the FIA, FOM, ALL THE TEAMS, Mechanics and other team personels, marshalls, stewards scrutinizers and the FIA Medical teams that have braved the pandemic to make this a success. To the Drivers that risk their lives at race weekends to put on this incredible show, l say thank you.

To the media that has helped bring the racing action to our living rooms, we are also gratefull.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th December 2020 at 20:45.
    William Shakespeare

12. Likes: pantealex (14th December 2020)
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    I think brilliant job has been done by all the organisers to get the 2020 season in the books.

For many years 16 or 17 being a standard season length so getting 17 races in this year was an amazing achievement considering all the restrictions in place, and everything before July being a write off.
    Time is the enemy.

14. Likes: Jag_Warrior (17th December 2020),pantealex (14th December 2020)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Maybe skipping the whole season might have helped some teams close the shop for good.
    Exactly. We have to remember that racing is a business like any other. And once the doors are shut for an extended period of time, a good many can't come back from that. When revenues go to zero, but certain expenses remain, often the business can't ever recover. Apart from the factory teams, I could see most of the rest going away had the season been canceled.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I was with you until you said - interesting season

Yes sure they worked hard for us to see some racing finally and I was as excited as anybody else but within a couple of races it has become painfully clear who will win almost all the races.
    Ferrari turning up this season with a tractor engine did not help matters. Those early DNFs of Verstapenn took some of the excitement out of the season. The typical slot between Redbull and Mercecde was not filled as Redbull did not step up closer to the Mercedes in the absence of Ferrari. Racing Point with the 2019 Mercedes were operationally weak to push up closer to Redbull to spice up the tail end of the sharp end of the grid. But l am glad Mclaren punished Racing Point severely for their failings.

That said, you have to admit that the new tracks featured truly exciting races. The slippery surface of Portimao, the Nurburgring, Mugello, Imola and Turkey were very interesting races. Russell on the outer Bahrain track was very exciting too. And Mercedes provided opportunities for the oppositions to make up grounds which they failed to exploit.

So yes, all in all, a very interesting season.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd December 2020 at 08:04.
    William Shakespeare