Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they do in this next "phase" of life. I like Seb, so I will be kind of rooting for them.
    Racing Point has clearly been the most successfull rendition of this team. All indications suggests that they are likely to get even better under Aston Martin. It would be a great environment for Sebastien to reinvent himself and re-establish himself as the sort of front running driver we know he can be.

But l think they have a lot of improvements to do on the operational front to be efficient enough to compete effectively with the teams at the sharp end of the grid.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th January 2021 at 00:25.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Aston Martin starts to remind me of Jaguar Racing back in the day. Both did well under their previous name (Stewart/Racing Point) in the preceeding season, even scoring a surprise win (Herbert/Perez). Both got their new number one driver from Ferrari (Irvine/Vettel) and both had a dismal start to the new season.
    It almost seems like the green livery in itself is slowing the cars down
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

3. Likes: Jag_Warrior (10th April 2021),Tazio (30th March 2021)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Aston Martin starts to remind me of Jaguar Racing back in the day. Both did well under their previous name (Stewart/Racing Point) in the preceeding season, even scoring a surprise win (Herbert/Perez). Both got their new number one driver from Ferrari (Irvine/Vettel) and both had a dismal start to the new season.
    It almost seems like the green livery in itself is slowing the cars down
    Isn't there an old superstition that green cars are jinxed?

I was/am a HUGE Jaguar fan and loved Irvine's helmet design (look to the left ) when he was there. I think the biggest difference between Jag and Aston is that Jaguar was so severely mismanaged by the bean counters at Ford that it wasn't funny - well actually, it was kinda funny to watch that clown show. Aston seems to be a very well run operation, although with the low rake car this year, I expect that they'll have an uphill fight on their hands for 2021. 2022 may be a different story. But i question whether or not Vettel will be in the AM in 2022. Things are not looking good for him. Hope he can turn it around.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

5. Likes: gm99 (11th April 2021)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Isn't there an old superstition that green cars are jinxed?
    I seem to recall Mario Andretti was very superstitious in that regard; he wouldn't even sign autographs with a green pen
    Then of course he ran Tony Kanaan's Andretti Green car, carrying a green 7-11 livery, in practice for the 2003 Indy 500 and promptly crashed it in the most frightening way. I don't think he's driven a race car in anger since.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    And here it is!
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare