Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 78 of 78
  1. #71
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    14,237
    Like
    2,765
    Liked 6,743 Times in 3,565 Posts
    Coronavirus: Belgium facing 'tsunami' of new infections

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54602999

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,546
    Like
    266
    Liked 2,064 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Ott Tänak is also entered for the South Belgian Rally. So both Tänak and Breen on this event on saturday, while Ogier and Evans will take on another event on sunday. Still no sign of M-Sport's WRC cars doing anything at all.
    As clear demonstration of the trend of last two years as is possible.

    FIA limited testing days to limit costs. Teams that have money did a "workaround" by running only local events for testing purposes. Teams that don't have money got a bigger disadvantage.

    Yet some people still applaud this cause they "get to see the cars" at their local events. Usually with no competition at all.

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    22,353
    Like
    7,969
    Liked 12,900 Times in 5,702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Ott Tänak is also entered for the South Belgian Rally. So both Tänak and Breen on this event on saturday, while Ogier and Evans will take on another event on sunday. Still no sign of M-Sport's WRC cars doing anything at all.
    Τom i d like to see your comment at this

    Yannick Willocx
    @YannickWillocx

    Preparation of ypres.. this i dont get..very different stages. And the sunday stages around Spa are also different in my point of view

    https://twitter.com/YannickWillocx/s...26500269461504

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,683
    Like
    373
    Liked 735 Times in 331 Posts
    I agree with Yannick, maybe they plan SBR as only prep for Sunday stages. And Friday/Saturday with some PET's on flanders roads.. Also Ostberg will start this Saturday.

    On a side note Loix will be gravel crew of Tanak for Ypres and this weekend in Semois..

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

  5. Likes: dimviii (Yesterday),EstWRC (Yesterday)
  6. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    GB, Manchester
    Posts
    495
    Like
    238
    Liked 431 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    I agree with Yannick, maybe they plan SBR as only prep for Sunday stages. And Friday/Saturday with some PET's on flanders roads.. Also Ostberg will start this Saturday.

    On a side note Loix will be gravel crew of Tanak for Ypres and this weekend in Semois..

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk
    Wow, that Loix thing is interesting.. short and unexpected season.. all cards are played for best results.
    Already waiting for what the teams will do to prepare WRC cars for circuit racing in Monza..
    Some official test days on circuits etc..?

  7. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,431
    Like
    1,642
    Liked 2,974 Times in 899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Τom i d like to see your comment at this

    Yannick Willocx
    @YannickWillocx

    Preparation of ypres.. this i dont get..very different stages. And the sunday stages around Spa are also different in my point of view

    https://twitter.com/YannickWillocx/s...26500269461504
    I mostly agree with this. The stages aren't very similar to Ypres nor Spa. However it's a bit like comparing Finland to Poland for example. Is it exactly the same? No, but what works there could work elsewhere too, and you get the feeling on tarmac back. There's 1,5 months between Sardinia and Ypres, so definitely interesting to gain some more mileage in between. The Hemicuda Rally might be better for being more similar to Ypres, but you have only half as many stage kilometers.

  8. Likes: Hartusvuori (Today)
  9. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,007
    Like
    0
    Liked 592 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    On a side note Loix will be gravel crew of Tanak for Ypres and this weekend in Semois..
    That is not really a side note to me. That seems like a big advantage for him, loix is perhaps the best ouvreur one could find for ypres.

  10. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,431
    Like
    1,642
    Liked 2,974 Times in 899 Posts
    It's not like Freddy Loix is the only one who knows this event... What can be a bit of an obstacle however is that Loix isn't familiar with the pacenote system of Tänak. Ypres is different from other events that you have a lot of time to add more things in the notes to make them more precise. Freddy can play a big role, and Tänak might be just the (Hyundai)driver who needs him most right now.

    Thierry Neuville has Bruno Thiry, Ogier usually works with Jean-Joseph (who has been on the podium in Ypres too). A bit further in the field, former winner Hänninen worked for Katsuta in the past, in the R5 category Bouffier worked for Oliver Solberg during last Monte Carlo... Wondering if anyone's willing to take Meeke's or Abbrings advice for this event.

  11. Likes: Fredouye (Today)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •