Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Coronavirus: Belgium facing 'tsunami' of new infections

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54602999

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Ott Tänak is also entered for the South Belgian Rally. So both Tänak and Breen on this event on saturday, while Ogier and Evans will take on another event on sunday. Still no sign of M-Sport's WRC cars doing anything at all.
    As clear demonstration of the trend of last two years as is possible.

FIA limited testing days to limit costs. Teams that have money did a "workaround" by running only local events for testing purposes. Teams that don't have money got a bigger disadvantage.

Yet some people still applaud this cause they "get to see the cars" at their local events. Usually with no competition at all.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Ott Tänak is also entered for the South Belgian Rally. So both Tänak and Breen on this event on saturday, while Ogier and Evans will take on another event on sunday. Still no sign of M-Sport's WRC cars doing anything at all.
    Τom i d like to see your comment at this

Yannick Willocx
    @YannickWillocx

Preparation of ypres.. this i dont get..very different stages. And the sunday stages around Spa are also different in my point of view

https://twitter.com/YannickWillocx/s...26500269461504

Liked 824 Times in 372 Posts
    I agree with Yannick, maybe they plan SBR as only prep for Sunday stages. And Friday/Saturday with some PET's on flanders roads.. Also Ostberg will start this Saturday.

On a side note Loix will be gravel crew of Tanak for Ypres and this weekend in Semois..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

5. Likes: dimviii (19th October 2020),EstWRC (19th October 2020)
    Liked 2,084 Times in 899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    I agree with Yannick, maybe they plan SBR as only prep for Sunday stages. And Friday/Saturday with some PET's on flanders roads.. Also Ostberg will start this Saturday.

On a side note Loix will be gravel crew of Tanak for Ypres and this weekend in Semois..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk
    Wow, that Loix thing is interesting.. short and unexpected season.. all cards are played for best results.
    Already waiting for what the teams will do to prepare WRC cars for circuit racing in Monza..
    Some official test days on circuits etc..?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Τom i d like to see your comment at this

Yannick Willocx
    @YannickWillocx

Preparation of ypres.. this i dont get..very different stages. And the sunday stages around Spa are also different in my point of view

https://twitter.com/YannickWillocx/s...26500269461504
    I mostly agree with this. The stages aren't very similar to Ypres nor Spa. However it's a bit like comparing Finland to Poland for example. Is it exactly the same? No, but what works there could work elsewhere too, and you get the feeling on tarmac back. There's 1,5 months between Sardinia and Ypres, so definitely interesting to gain some more mileage in between. The Hemicuda Rally might be better for being more similar to Ypres, but you have only half as many stage kilometers.

8. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2020),Hartusvuori (20th October 2020)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    That is not really a side note to me. That seems like a big advantage for him, loix is perhaps the best ouvreur one could find for ypres.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    It's not like Freddy Loix is the only one who knows this event... What can be a bit of an obstacle however is that Loix isn't familiar with the pacenote system of Tänak. Ypres is different from other events that you have a lot of time to add more things in the notes to make them more precise. Freddy can play a big role, and Tänak might be just the (Hyundai)driver who needs him most right now.

Thierry Neuville has Bruno Thiry, Ogier usually works with Jean-Joseph (who has been on the podium in Ypres too). A bit further in the field, former winner Hänninen worked for Katsuta in the past, in the R5 category Bouffier worked for Oliver Solberg during last Monte Carlo... Wondering if anyone's willing to take Meeke's or Abbrings advice for this event.

11. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2020),Fredouye (20th October 2020),pantealex (21st October 2020),Rally Power (21st October 2020)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    And Patrick Snijers will show up with a perpetual 911

US events have been picking up in the fall but I'm reluctant to get involved this year. I'm surprised Belgium is going ahead with the rally.

13. Likes: Jarek Z (21st October 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Coronavirus: Belgium facing 'tsunami' of new infections
    The situation in Spain it's probably (and sadly) even worse but that didn't prevent them to start today their cycling tour, with outsanding safety measures (which apparently are working as it was impossible to see large crowds during leg 1). Anyway, fingers crossed for Ypres.
    Rally addict since 1982