Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts

WRC Belgium Ypres rally

Al news on the event is welcome.

A lot of people show interest in spectating in my suroundings.. But im curius if the will allow public..
    Wil there stil run a Belgian rally championship round also?

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Moved my hotel dates but still feels 50/50 over whether this happens or at least whether fans will be there.

I guess the question is how do you keep spectators away from it in a practical sense?
    Hopefully still a BRC round but I guess it will depend how many other rounds of the championship can run.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Bump on the thread, maps are here https://www.rally-maps.com/Ypres-Rally-Belgium-2020

4. Likes: Fredouye (10th September 2020),tommeke_B (10th September 2020)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I guess the question is how do you keep spectators away from it in a practical sense?
    With a lot of police and big (250 €) fines, quite simple and lucrative solution to the problem.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Any word coming out of Belgium on fan attendance?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    So far no news, and I don't expect any within the first month. The same organizers had one smaller event a few weeks ago. Initially they had a lot of entries from the UK and The Netherlands, but the authorities didn't allow any foreign drivers. They had spectator areas limited to 200 spectators, outside those areas no spectators were allowed. Spectators could buy a ticket for a certain zone and only go there. Ticket sales depends on the rules that will be decided by the local authorities. Prices could be high, as there's huge demand, regardless on how many spectators will be allowed. I think we can forget about a "normal" spectator experience we were used to.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All we have to do is wait and see. To be honest I hope they keep this rally without fans or spectators. Better to be safe than sorry...

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph54 View Post
    All we have to do is wait and see. To be honest I hope they keep this rally without fans or spectators. Better to be safe than sorry...
    Yeah, especially when there is wrc+

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    The same organizers had one smaller event a few weeks ago. Initially they had a lot of entries from the UK and The Netherlands, but the authorities didn't allow any foreign drivers. They had spectator areas limited to 200 spectators, outside those areas no spectators were allowed. Spectators could buy a ticket for a certain zone and only go there.
    Yes, that was another genius idea.
    Instead of spreading people out along the stage, you force them to all stand close together in the same spot.

I think i will have to participate if i want to be there. There will never be enough tickets for a even a small portion of the spectators.

11. Likes: the sniper (11th September 2020)
    Liked 1,520 Times in 653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Yes, that was another genius idea.
    Instead of spreading people out along the stage, you force them to all stand close together in the same spot.
    Indeed, seems rather backwards. Compliance with the law I imagine and a way to control numbers, but seems counter productive. I'd be only too happy to go to a rally, but I wouldn't bother if it meant having to stand in a pig pen with other spectators. Pointless risk.

13. Likes: AndyRAC (11th September 2020)