Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    If Evans drives safely he should have no issues getting 4-5th.
    only mechanical problem can deny the crown to Evans

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    What a joke of a championship... If WRC wouldn't have restarted so late and if there wasn't this long, useless pause between Sardegna and Ypres, we could have had already 8 rounds ran at this time.
    In the past, there were rounds of the championship that counted only towards WRC (when PWRC and JWRC had their own calendars). Wouldn't it be possible to send only the three works WRC teams (and WRC privateers, if they care) to, for example, Canarias or some other rally? 10 cars more shouldn't be a big problem for organizers, but I'm not an expert on this. What do you guys think?

3. Likes: EstWRC (31st October 2020),Fredouye (31st October 2020),Jarek Z (31st October 2020),Tauri_J (31st October 2020)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    What a joke of a championship...
    ... What do you guys think?
    1) the championship is not a joke.
    2) Promoters, FIA and the various event organisers have done remarkably well to reset calendar and create some opportunities for rallies since Mexico under extremely difficult and UNPREDICTABLE circumstances
    3) 1 & 2 also apply to ERC and other championships.

Huge thank you to all those working tirelessly behind the scenes to keep at least some things happening.

5. Likes: AnttiL (31st October 2020),kiil (31st October 2020),pantealex (31st October 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Wouldn't it be possible to send only the three works WRC teams (and WRC privateers, if they care) to, for example, Canarias or some other rally? 10 cars more shouldn't be a big problem for organizers, but I'm not an expert on this. What do you guys think?
    Just requires some logistic planning and other preparation. Canarias is one month away and relatively remote, requires shipping equipment on a ferry? Also the WRC+ team would have to be sent there with their helicopters and aeroplanes.

I think it's a good idea but just saying it's not as simple as you make it sound like.

In addition, COVID-situations change so drastically it's risky to make any plans for the rest of the year, it all could go to waste now.

7. Likes: pantealex (31st October 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    1) the championship is not a joke.
    2) Promoters, FIA and the various event organisers have done remarkably well to reset calendar and create some opportunities for rallies since Mexico under extremely difficult and UNPREDICTABLE circumstances
    I don't share your opinion. 6 rounds of a rallysprint championship is a joke to me. Sure, the times are what they are, but we could have gotten more if FIA/promoters (can't point the finger at anybody specifically as I don't know who decided what) acted faster.
    And I'm sure that in future, if Evans or Neuville win this championship, there will be a huge asterisk next to their names in the eyes of many rally fans.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    We had 17 rounds on the calendar this year. So far 10 have been cancelled.
    In addition Liepaja and Croatia were considered but did ’t work out. No one can say they didn’t try.

Also worth remembering Sweden was lost to bad weather and Chile to political situation (although would have been canceled anyway due to covid-19). Add to that canceling of Australia last year...

10. Likes: pantealex (31st October 2020)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    FIA/Promoters had nothing to do with these cancellations.

I personally was "happy" that Rally Finland was canceled, I live next to HQ/ServicePark and risk of getting covid-19 was big.

How many of you are ready to take full lenght (2 days recce + 4 days competing) WRC event in your home town right now ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

12. Likes: Gregor-y (31st October 2020)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Wouldn't it be possible to send only the three works WRC teams (and WRC privateers, if they care) to, for example, Canarias or some other rally? 10 cars more shouldn't be a big problem for organizers, but I'm not an expert on this. What do you guys think?
    I agree with you. The number of regular competitors in WRC is actually quite low. 10 WRC cars + 10-15 WRC2/WRC3 competitors. It shouldn't be such a big problem to add them to some rally in European or national championship and treat it as a WRC round.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    +~ 8-10 JWRC, where battle is also not finished.

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    FIA/Promoters had nothing to do with these cancellations.
    But they do. They cannot stop a virus, but if Ypres Rally was scheduled last week, it would have happened. Even if it was scheduled right now, it would have probably happened. Instead they opted for a useless 40 days pause between Sardegna and Ypres, as if they were waiting for the second wave.
    Again, I don't know if it's up to FIA/promoters/organizers, but surely when the date of 19th November was proposed, someone could have said "no, that's way too late and risky".

16. Likes: dimviii (31st October 2020),EstWRC (31st October 2020),Fredouye (31st October 2020),Tauri_J (1st November 2020)