Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    The most exiting with this rally for me is how quick the new i20 Rally2 is on asfalt.
    I am not sure that Solberg or Huttunen are the best measures for that as neither of them have any great ("normal") tarmac results from before.

But sure if they are very fast with it, it likely is fast.

Another thing is that for example Fiesta Rally2 seems to be quite good on tarmac, but not so much on other surfaces, or the current i20 has good results on smooth Italian and Spanish tarmac, but not on more bumpy rallies. Finally the Polo has a reputation of being tricky on tarmac in mixed/changing conditions but very fast in constant conditions.

2. Likes: Sulland (4th August 2021)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    So apparently a lot of forfaits already amongst national competitors.

They were told their cars would be have to comply to national scrutineering rules, but a few days ago they were given the message they have to comply with FIA rules.

So i assume many will not start at all.

Liked 2,099 Times in 905 Posts
    Ofcourse they have to fit FIA rules, when racing on WRC event..
    That's why Kaur had to drive R5 last year and not his Fiesta proto + Gross had to upgrade his Fiesta WRC last year on Rally Estonia.
    This year he would have had to upgrade it again, because new homologations this year.. but didn't see point to put tens and tens of thousands under ,,rather old car'' again..

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    It's not about the cars that must have a valid FIA homologation. There are national classes as well.
    But the car must have the fuel tank and fire extinguisher as demanded by FIA. Latest specs are not yet required for national rallies in Belgium. It's all about safety features.

6. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (5th August 2021)