Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The decision to stop Albon early and put him of the hard tyre fron a solid 6th position during the first stint of the race did notb make any sense at all. Pasrticularly since iot placed him in the thick of some closely fighting cars. More so, since it turned out to be a short stint on the hardest tyre. This decision took him of the fight with the Racing Point cars.

I think Albon did not get the best service that the Redbull pitwall could offer today.
    I completely agree. All of the teams knew the hard tire was of no use in this race.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

2. Likes: truefan72 (17th August 2020)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I completely agree. All of the teams knew the hard tire was of no use in this race.
    He may have got in between the two Racing Point and thereafter benefited from Perez's five second penalty to finish fourth. Redbull simply appear not to have the bandwidth to cater equally to the needs of both of their cars at race weekends. The other car to Verstapenn always appear to get a substandard service.

I think we see why most drivers to take that seat has struggled and failed. They have great drivers, they just need to take better care of them in that car.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 17th August 2020 at 20:31.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: truefan72 (17th August 2020)
    It was a good weekend for Vettel, but that Ferrari car is shadow of its recent self. What a frustrating weekend for both Ferrari drivers.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Charles should have been sanctioned for driving an entire lap without seat belts .
    Stupid to undo them , and even stupider to drive the lap without them done up .

7. Likes: N. Jones (17th August 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Charles should have been sanctioned for driving an entire lap without seat belts .
    Stupid to undo them , and even stupider to drive the lap without them done up .
    Crazy wasn't it.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF1 View Post
    What a snorefest of a race. dear me, thank heavens we have the indy500 next weekend or I'd be thinking about cancelling skyf1. it's something of a warning when F2 is 10x more entertaining than F1 is.
    I agree, it was the most boring race this season. But l was glad to see the Racing Point cars do well. The impact of Perez on the team was very evident. Hulkenburg also did a fantastic job for them l think.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I agree, it was the most boring race this season. But l was glad to see the Racing Point cars do well. The impact of Perez on the team was very evident. Hulkenburg also did a fantastic job for them l think.
    Yes he did.

Lance tossed him under the bus when he mentioned on air that Checo had been told to hold station when he tried that move on him .

And , by the way , what was with Checo asking his team how his tires were fairing ?
    I thought his rep was for feeling his tires , and keeping them good .

Big difference to Max , who asked for skins when his team didn't , and especially Lewis , who asked for yellows when his team wanted reds on his car .
    Checo looked unhappy .
    And , it sounds like he disobeyed orders .

Meanwhile , a despondent Seb says make up your mind to his team , and then nurses well overdone reds on his new chassis to the line .

And , then , pouting Checo says it looks as though he will be staying with the team .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Lance tossed him under the bus when he mentioned on air that Checo had been told to hold station when he tried that move on him .
    Well, he ended up behind anyway. What a start by Lance though? He was up to 3rd after the first corner. A brilliant start to the race. Racing Point have two great drivers it seems.
    William Shakespeare