Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    #M-SPORTER

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (21st September 2020),AnttiL (20th September 2020),Eli (20th September 2020),pantealex (22nd September 2020),Rallyper (20th September 2020),steve.mandzij (21st September 2020)
    #M-SPORTER

Tommi Mäkinen has apologized to his driver Sébastien Ogier after an engine failure ended his Rally Turkey:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/makin...ngine-failure/
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Well.... I have to give it to Evans, after years of being dragged down by his car (no offense to M-Sport, I know they aren't as well funded as the others), I'm glad to see Evans doing so well, and I honestly hope it will be a fair fight to the end (although I have to admit if he gets through Sardegna with no points it will be a hell of a champ. Again not wishing Evans bad luck or anything.)
    He will have the dubious honour though, of sweeping the road for the others, so that will be tough unless it rains (like it did back in 2012). As for the rally, what a rally, what a weekend we had! It was fantastic and it made me really sad that we now have to wait for another 3 weeks until the next one...
    Shame about M-Sport, no testing, no chance....don't see how their situation will be better next year with no official support from Ford...and also shame about the technical problem Ogier had, and I'm guessing if it weren't for it he'd still be behind (but by one point maybe?) but as we seen time and time again this weekend (and in this sport as a whole) it's not over until it's over and I'm sure Ogier will be fighting 'till the end. By the way, does anyone know when and where will that be? because I was hearing rumors about Monza(?!!) Rally replacing Belgium for the final spot? Also, what about Croatia, any news regarding that joining our championship this year? Hopefully we'll have more answers than questions the coming weeks...
    One last thing as this turned out to be a very long post, 9 points advantage for Toyota...I hope Hyundai will do better next time because they are running out of time to claim that title back...really would like to see both championships come down to the wire. Have to admit, despite it's downsides, this corona situation has made this year's championship pretty fascinating... the fact that the drivers don't have a lot of rounds makes it far more interesting....just wish for the rallies to be longer...although in this case I honestly don't know how many cars would still be at the end of the last stage.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    FIA's post-event press conference: https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-e-evans...t-we-came-here
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

8. Likes: dimviii (20th September 2020)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    I hope Evans isn’t too cautious in Sardinia, he really does have a good chance if he stays reliable. It helps that the guys who are further away in the championship, will have the best chance to win in Sardinia, which should help him stay first on the road for Ypres.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think it was a good point by Elfyn that he had a lucky strike this weekend but he's had his share of bad luck in the past. It's like a compensation from Corsica 2019.

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (21st September 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I hope Evans isn’t too cautious in Sardinia, he really does have a good chance if he stays reliable. It helps that the guys who are further away in the championship, will have the best chance to win in Sardinia, which should help him stay first on the road for Ypres.
    He's gonna do some rain dances...

Sardegna hasn't been a happy event for him in the past years, going off early in 2017 and 2018

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think it was a good point by Elfyn that he had a lucky strike this weekend but he's had his share of bad luck in the past. It's like a compensation from Corsica 2019.
    Elfyn shouldn’t worry about these situations, it’s the right thing to say but rallying history is littered with guys who won events due to others misfortune. It’s the game, sometimes goes for you, sometimes against.