Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    They get quite irritating when they play devil's advocate like that. Bottas did not do what he needed to to do to win this race
    Exactly

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Now Racing point on the other hand, once again completely botched their entire race strategy and should have finished in p4 and p5. Shambolic
    Racing Point has the car to fight for third place in the constructors but lack the personnel with the experience of operating at this level. They just seem to lack the skill to maximize their opportunities.

On Hulkenburg pitting, if Stroll could finish on those tyres, l am sure Hulkenburg could have done the same. But that said, he is only a temporary driver, so it makes sense that the team would prevent him from taking points away from the full time driver. Objectively, any team boss would make a similar call. It makes sense to give Stroll every opportunity to compete with his rivals.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th August 2020 at 17:34.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Albon proves what a great driver he is again. Awesome recovery. He was my star of the race with some awesome competitive overtakes and commanding pace through the midfield.
    William Shakespeare

Albon proves what a great driver he is again. Awesome recovery. He was my star of the race with some awesome competitive overtakes and commanding pace through the midfield.
    Yeah both RBR drivers were the stars today. No question

Racing Point has the car to fight for third place in the constructors but lack the personnel with the experience of operating at this level. They just seem to lack the skill to maximize their opportunities.

On Hulkenburg pitting, if Stroll could finish on those tyres, l am sure Hulkenburg could have done the same. But that said, he is only a temporary driver, so it makes sense that the team would prevent him from taking points away from the full time driver. Objectively, any team boss would make a similar call. It makes sense to give Stroll every opportunity to compete with his rivals.
    Yup makes sense. But it was clear that Hülkenberg was the better driver which reflects poorly on Stroll. Did like what his father had to say about the teams and their ridiculous protests
    Last edited by truefan72; 9th August 2020 at 20:59.

Softer balloon tyres seem to have shifted the advantage towards RedBull. The RBR car appears to be kinder to the higher pressure tyres, Mercedes seem to be scratching their heads on the higher pressures. Tyres still seem to be a moving target for most teams.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    Hulkenburg versus Verstapenn would be spectacular off the line. It would be interesting to see how Bottas can keep Hamilton behind through turn one. Ricciado takes on Stroll and Gasly.

Gasly outshines Albon as the Brit finds the going tougher this weekend. All signs suggest Gasly would be heading back to Redbull at some point this or next season.
    I hope not as I don't think either of them are good enough for the seat. If it is true that Vettel is going to Aston Martin then I agree with planetf1.com and Perez should be signed with Red Bull.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Also wtf was that pit stop for Hülkenberg? Smells fishy to me.
    They say his tires would not have finished the GP.

Congrats max. Well deserved. Good recovery and fastest lap by Hamilton. Great damage control. Poor from Bottas. Clearly the car is faster than the RBR (as Hamilton showed) on new tires and all Bottas did was fall back from max. No excuse. Smh
    Excellent by Leclerc. Great one stop drive.
    Superb p5 by Albon
    Don’t understand that additional pit stop by racing point on Hülkenberg. Makes no sense at all. So no credit for stroll who had nothing for Hülkenberg.
    Good job for ocon and Norris. Happy that kvyatt got p10. Ricciardo blew it for some decent points.
    Hmm.. Not a good job by Albon. I know Max is very talented but Albon needs to be qualifying in P5 and pushing those Mercs when they have problems.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts

Or , an alternative theory would be that the Hulk was worried about the vibrations he was feeling (which is what he said , by the way) , and Stroll wasn't .
    Thus , pitting Nico would ensure he would finish .

But , that's just crazy .